Thursday, February 4, 2016

PTO

I took off 3 days in a row for no reason! Usually when I take that many days off it is b/c we are going somewhere but I just needed to use these days before we actually start having work again in a couple weeks so it was nice to have time at home!
Monday I was up and out of bed by 8. I did some stuff around the house, the basic stuff that needed to get done and that stuff that you talk about doing and never rarely find time to do it! Clean the shower, cleaned the nasty dried toothpaste spit out of the kids sink. Cleaned out my closet and got bags ready to take to Goodwill. Organized Presley school papers, cleaned out my purse, ordered balloons for P to have on the morning of her birthday.

Then I headed out to start my errands, I opened a savings account for Piper (yes, you read that correctly! One thing off my 2016 goals list!), ran to the grocery store, dropped off clothes at Goodwill, went to Target, got gas in the car (knowing it was supposed to snow the next 2 days and that I wouldn't want to do it then), ran to McDonalds and then headed to have lunch with Presley. I love having her walk into the lunch room, looking excited to see me, smiling and running over to me! LOVE IT!
I left lunch and went to pick up her balloons, dropped off some stuff at a friends house, got home, did more laundry, and cleaning, ran outside (in hopes to be able to run that 5k I talked about in my 2016 goal list!), showered, watched a little Dr. Phil while putting away laundry and before I knew it, Steve was home!
We packed the kids bags for them to spend the night at grandma's, went to go pick them up and then headed to Applebees for dinner. Piper hurt her leg at school, so she was ultra sensative about her leg...we couldn't touch it, couldn't look at it and basically she walked with a limp until she forgot about it. Then we headed to grandmas. We got them situated there and left to head home. We had all intentions of going home and trying to go to bed early (knowing we were going to be up at 5:00 Tuesday morning) but drove by the Boat House AND it was only 7:30...so we stopped and had a couple beers while watching the caucus coverage and some basketball game. We were still home and in bed by 10!

I set my alarm for 4:30 Tuesday morning, why? you ask. Duh! Their annual Groundhog's Day celebration! It starts at 6 am! Free High Life beer from 6-8. This is actually a thing, it's like the new, elite St. Patty's day celebration. EVERYONE does St. Patty's day, but only the really cool kids do Goundhogs day! :)
There was a line at 5:45, everyone was excited and full of energy at 6 am (and the snow hadn't started yet!). I got a sash from the 'mayor', they gave away shirts, sweatshirts, hats, koozies. We met alot of people and had a lot of fun!
At sunrise, everyone piles outdoors to see if the groundhog sees his shadow....the blizzard had started at this point. Big, wet, windy snow right into our faces!
There is a beer truck parade...maybe 6-7 beer trucks drive by honking their horns and then the groundhog jumped out of one of them! Too funny!
There was a group of people who go every year and they had made groundhog cookies! So cute and they were so good!
Thank you to Steve and Samantha for braving the early morning and snow storm to hang out with me! We left about noon, had some lunch and then headed home. We picked up Presley from my parents house since school was cancelled and then her and Steve went home and played in the snow while I took a nap! :)

Wednesday I got up and helped the kids get ready for Steve to take them to school. Since it was Presley's birthday I put the balloons in her room for her to wake up to and she picked powdered donuts to have for breadfast! Once they left I layed back down and got up about 9 and shoveled the driveway. Steve didn't believe that I had done it, I had to take a picture and send it to him. He still doesn't think it was me. I get no credit!! :)
I got Presley's presents ready, washed the inside of the washing machine (doesn't anyone ever do this? I never have), I did a lot of vegging out and watching some of my DVR'd shows, I organized our shoe closet, did dishes and more laundry, paid bills....so I wasn't completely useless!

I picked up my birthday girl after school and we headed to Dairy Queen before gymnastics! A nice treat for mommy and Presley! :) And her ice cream was so big that I ended up eating most of the ice cream for her (oh darn!) b/c she likes the cone!
Sapphire has been so crowded after the holidays! I don't know if more people have signed up or they opened more classes but by the time class is over the watching/waiting room is packed full of people and kids all over the place! They had all the February birthdays listed on the wall, so we took a picture! :)
I tried to take a picture of her doing cartwheels and roundoffs...that is her, right in the middle with her feet in the air! Next time I'm taking my good camera and being that mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment