Thursday, February 4, 2016

Goodbye January

I can't believe we are this far into 2016 already! Last week was pretty normal until Wednesday night, Steve and P got home from gynastics and he did not feel good at all. He started throwing up and I knew he just needed to stay away from all of us. Wednesdays are usually our one 'hectic' night b/c Presley doesn't get home until almost 7, she needs to eat, usually do homework and she really still wants time to play and hang out before bed, which is normally 8!
Thursday morning I took the girls to school, Steve still wasn't feeling good and didn't eat until about 8 pm that night. You know, once the Iowa basketball game was over and the kids were in bed, did he feel good enough to come out! ;)

Friday we decided to go out to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner after work. That started off with a lady laying in the grass outside of BWW, drunk, yelling at the guy she was with....that is awesome to try to ignore with your kids who are more than curious! Then Presley had a break down, for no apparent reason! So her and I had a time out off away from Piper and daddy to calm her down and figure out what was going on, b/c she is not normally the one we have to worry about in public. Finally, we had our girl chat and all was normal again!

Saturday we just hung out, did our normal weekend stuff. I took Piper to Target with me to get groceries and pick out presents for Presley's birthday (which of course the first thing she did when we got home was go and tell Presley what we bought her!). She is always the entertainer at Target when I take her. If I tell her to be quiet and use her inside voice, she'll said "I can't be quiet! I don't have an inside voice" as LOUD as she can. The poor cashier a couple weeks ago had to deal with her talking about farting and how it smelled like poop. Yeah that was classy. This time she gave the cashier the 'rock on' sign as we left. Too funny!

We had Brittney come over to babysit that night so we could go out for my birthday! We headed over to Climb Iowa http://www.climbiowa.com/. It was awesome and very tiring! We are not strong but I think we both enjoyed the experience to see what we could do and I definitely want to go back and take the girls!

Then we headed out to dinner at Irina's http://irinasrestaurantandbar.com/ So good! I love the atmosphere and the food is good and they have their own infused vodka's. Worth it! After that we went to meet Steve's brother Matt at Down Under to watch the band Toaster play. They were really good and a lot of fun! It was a good night full of lots of different things! Happy Birthday to me! :)
 
Sunday we all slept in! We got ready to head out, went to the mall to find Presley shoes for the father/daughter dance this weekend and then went to my parents for dinner, to celebrate both her and my birthdays! We hung out with the family, the kids played, I ate SO much good food and then just wanted to sleep! Thank you mom for the wonderful meal and fantastic jello cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment