Friday, February 26, 2016

Smarty pants

Monday we went to El Mariachi to celebrate National Margarita Day of course! The girls were actually good and it was nice!
 
Wednesday Piper ended up taking a 'break' with the director at Generation....I guess they were having group time and she wasn't listening...UGH That night Piper and I went home (while Steve took P to gymnastics) and I got her situated with a snacks and some papers and then I worked out! It's all about finding those occasional times I can sneak away to get on the treadmill (and outside!).
 
Thursday night we were all hanging out in the basement and I told Piper to write her last name. She had written it with our help at dinner on Monday and I briefly spelled it with her on Tuesday night...so when she sat down and just wrote it, I was SHOCKED! I had tears in my eyes b/c I was shocked and happy!

The teachers at Generation think she is bored in her class which is why she is 'acting' out. She is the 2nd oldest in the class and the only one who can write her name. So we'll see what they choose to do with her!

Presley on the other hand has changed and really doesn't care that much about school. She doesn't think it 'really matters' and it 'isn't that big of a deal' (in her words). So we've talked about this with her  (and over email with her teacher) and if things don't change then we'll have to implement 30 minutes of 'study' time during the week to get her back on track with her listening, comprehension and spelling! I hate to do this in 1st grade, but I just don't want her started bad habits that become harder to change as she gets older! This whole being a parent thing is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment