Friday, February 5, 2016

7 years old

Oh me, oh my....Presley Pie is 7 years old! In some ways she has changed SO much since starting elementary school last year but in other ways is still the shy, quiet, reserved kid that we are used to. She has stepped out of her comfort zone way more than I expected in the last year and of course, we are the only ones that see most of these changes!

- she acts confident around us but is very self-conscious at school. She is afraid she is going to be wrong or be the last one done so we are trying very hard to remind her that we would rather she get everything right and be the last one done than be the first one done with wrong answers. I think she is slowly getting the picture!

- is getting almost too small for 'small' clothes in the girls department, up to mediums we go! Except in pants, I think she is shorter than most kids her age and she still hasn't lost any teeth!

- she can be such a good big sister, she loves to help Piper and teach her. She still says she wants to be a teacher and I can see that in the way she interacts with Piper sometimes. However, Piper is still the #1 reason that she gets in trouble. Presley CANNOT leave her alone. She has to pick on her, try to take her toys, watch her, touch her....she is like a bug attracted to a light when it comes to Piper.

- she loves girly things! If I take her shopping for clothes, she wants to look at jewelry, shoes, purses and all that little crap that we have a shit ton of already!

- she loves crafts. Coloring, cutting, scissors, glue, making pictures, writing stories with pictures to match, creating different foods out of playdoh, stencils....our house looks like a crayola box exploded!

- she is spoiled. I'm trying to teach her how to be more thankful for what she has, but I still don't think she truely understands (which I'm sure there are 20 year olds who still don't understand.)

- she seems to have transitioned from little kid shows into 'kid' shows, animation doesn't seem to hold her attention anymore. Basically if Piper likes it, she then assumes it is a 'baby show' and doesn't want to watch it.

- she loves reading! Ready Freddy, Junie B Jones, Elephant and Piggie, all Dr. Seuess books.

- Barbies are probably the #1 'toy' she plays with.

- even around family she is quiet, I'm not sure she has said more than a sentence to Scott or Jerry and they have been around for years and she sees them quite often! I think my parents see the same Presley that we do at home, but I think most other people NEVER see her like we do. Funny, loud, talkative, sassy with a little Valley girl thrown in there, she can throw complete fits and fling herself around a room b/c she is so pissed off. She would never do these things in front of other people. I guess we are the special ones! :)

Presley, you strive to be the best and that is not a bad thing! You are determined and completely sure that you are always right about everything. I love your ability to challenge us in EVERYTHING you do, you are amazing and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise! Be polite, be thankful, be a good friend, be helpful and be loving! We love you Presley Grace, you will always be my baby girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment