Friday, March 4, 2016

TGIF

I'm so happy it's Friday. It has been a ROUGH week at work. We went from not working most of the day and spending most of my day reading to now I spend most of my day trying to fix problems on our system that no one seems to be able to help with. It is more than frustrating and I haven't been the only one in tears at some point during this week.
Tuesday I sent Steve an email that said "I hate my job"....I rarely hate my job. I actually normally love my job. I like the people I work with, I like my managers, I like what I do...it makes me think and decide and can be a challenge. Now I have no control, I don't know what I'm doing and it sucks. So Steve offered to pick up the girls so I could go have margaritas and read my book by myself after work to unwind. I was so thankful that he offered and it was totally needed and worth it. Thank you my wonderful husband!

Thursday night my mom came over to watch the girls while Steve and I went to winter conferences. Honestly I was a little nervous. The papers she has been bringing home haven't been that good, she doesn't seem that interested and you just never know how they 'rank' against others.
Conferences actually went better than I thought. She has grown in some areas, is getting more comfortable in sharing and speaking outloud (which is a BIG deal for this girl!)
Their reading assessment score is supposed to be at least 453 by this time in the year and she is a 477, which means she is reading at the end of 1st grade/beginning of 2nd grade level. I was happy with that considering she seems to have problems retelling or comprehending stories but obviously she is on the right track.

The main things she (we) need to work on...subtraction and listening(following directions). She lacks confidence an oftens times tries to 'copy' her neighbors b/c she isn't sure she is doing the right thing.
Her teacher does want to recommend that she does NOT get placed in the same class as her BFF Leah next year b/c she wants her to grown socially and get more comfortable without Leah around. We are actually ok with this. They weren't in the same class last year (though they were together at Generation Next before kindergarten) and would still see each other at KTC and it would be good for Presley to make some new friends and step outside her comfort zone. :)

So I was pleasantly surprised at how well these conferences went! I was a little shocked and thankful that her teacher acknowledged us for the effort and time we put in at home (which we really don't do THAT much) but I do email her if I'm concerned about things and she is always receptive and gives good advice on things we can do at home to help Presley learn and grow!

Now with Miss Piper...I guess she might get moved up in rooms at Generation Next, she is currently the 2nd oldest in her class. They feel she is bored and ready (aka...she is disruptive and causing trouble and thinks she is the queen of the room). So she would be with kids turning 4 from Jan-Aug of this year (she won't be 4 until October). We'll see if it happens and if it does how it goes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment