Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekend Update

Saturday we got up about 8:30 and the 3 of us girls got ready to head to my Aunt Ann's house for a girls craft day with the women/girls on my dad's side of the family. There were SO many awesome crafts and good ideas of things to do (and I am NOT crafty!), even the girls were able to paint picture frames and ate some snacks and talked. Many of these people I have only met one or twice so it was nice to have some time getting to know them a little better! Thank you for having us Ann!

On our way home we picked up the neighbor girl Collins to come and play for a couple hours. Her mom had been sick for days and her husband was working so we thought we'd help out by taking one of her kids for a bit. Collins was perfect....Piper was ok...Presley was a complete selfish, snotty brat 75% of the time Collins was at our house. She spent most of the 3 hours crying, screaming or in her room. It was almost embarrassing!
Saturday night Steve made AMAZING flatbread pizzas...on the grill. OMG. He needs to stop cooking so many good things so that I can lose a few pounds before Mexico! ;) He made a shrimp scampi pizza, steak with blue cheese and chicken, bacon ranch. So good!

Sunday morning I got up and met my friend Colleen for brunch! It has been too long since we had seen each other and needed to catch up. We went to 1908, knowing it wouldn't be busy and we would have as much time as we needed....2.5 hours later! We lost track of time but it was worth it!

I headed home and Steve and Piper left to our friend Brent's house to watch the UNI basketball game. I took Presley to a birthday party for her friend Leah. This was her first party at a friend's house and without us staying. She was excited and had no problem with me leaving her there! The party was a canvas painting party, such a good idea and it seems they had a good time!
While she was at the party I ran to Hy-Vee, then came home and did some laundry, went on a 2 mile walk, and then still had about 20 minutes to chill out and read! :)

The weather was so nice....a little windy, but nice so we spent from 4-6 pm outside before doing dinner, baths and getting ready for the week ahead. I love the nice weather, it wears those girls OUT! Hopefully we have more nice weather ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment