Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March Madness

Friday I took off work a little early to meet Steve and the neighbors Sarah and Kyle, to watch the Iowa basketball game....even though work wants me to work overtime, I just couldn't bring myself to do any last week. We watched the game, ate some food and then Steve headed to work at 4:30 and I went to pick up the girls!
Steve got home about 8:30, showered and headed back out to watch more bball about 9. Then he had to work Saturday morning for a couple hours too.

Saturday the girls and I got ready and headed to the mall to walk around, see the easter bunny from afar and ride the train. They saw some animals the ARL had there, they played in the play area, and then they ran crazy doing very little listening to me. So instead of going to Target like I wanted to on the way out, I carried Piper screaming and kicking all the way to the car. Fun times.
Basically our kids CANNOT get along for the majority of the time they are together. Everything is a contest, everything they do is to purposely bother the other one, everything is an argument or fight. EVERYTHING.
So Steve had some friends in town watching bball at Jethro's that afternoon and took Piper with him (the more time the girls are apart, the better). Presley and I hung out and I enjoyed the quiet and we might have made a quick trip to Dairy Queen too.
That night we kinda hung out at home, trying to keep the kids from killing each other and us from killing them (kidding people, kidding, no sense in calling CPS on us).

Sunday morning I got up and went to work....I got to work at 6:20 am! For the record that means I was up and out of the house by 5:55 on a Sunday morning!!! I worked until 11 and then headed over to Sarah and Kyles house to watch the Iowa game, bad loss but oh well. I snuck out after the game and headed to Target (by myself!!) and did some shopping and got home a little before 3. Then I worked out and showered and started a quick clean up since Sarah and Kyle were now coming to our house for dinner and to watch more bball (do you see a theme to our weekend?) Steve made his wonderful pizzas again and we hung out while the kiddos played. UNI had a fantastic game but did end up losing. Bummer.

Since my NCAA bracket is looking pretty sad right now I'm ready for bball season to be over. I have Kansas winning it all so I'll just hope that no one else does and I'll win the pool we are in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment