Monday, December 14, 2015

Week/Weekend in review

So last Monday Steve was still out of town, so I had the honor of getting both kids up and ready and to school. Normally we share this duty. They were both cooperative and I was actually at work earlier than I normally am! I left work a little early to go pick up Steve from the airport, he was exhausted. We picked up the girls on our way home and both were very excited to see daddy!
 
After school on Tuesday, my mom took Presley, Boston and Mary to her house to complete some chores to earn money. Once they were done organizing, dusting and cleaning, they had a quick dinner and then went shopping to each pick out toys (with the $ they earned) to give to Toys for Tots. I loved this idea, I think especially for Presley they really need to learn the meaning of Christmas and giving to others! So I'm happy that mom decided to take them and do this!
 
Wednesday Presley had gymnastics. Thursday I went out with work people and was home by 7:30, just in time to help get the kiddos to bed. Friday we didn't do much, had dinner, hung out and played and had an early night to bed.
 
Saturday Piper was up WAY too early (and still didn't take a nap) and we hung out at home and then Steve went to the store. Both girls wanted to go with him so he took on the challenge of taking both of them by himself and they were good! I took this time to get some stuff done around the house and enjoy the quiet! :)
The Johnston highschool student council was having a holiday open house at the school, so went up there to get the girls out of the house (b/c they literally spend 90% of their time together fighting). They had crafts, which they love and could spend hours doing them!)

 They had gingerbread houses with a fantastic set-up! Piper sat down to make one and she said 'I don't want to make one, I just want to eat candy!' They had m&m's, chocolate chips, peppermint candy, sour patch kids, gumdrops, twizzlers, jelly beans, sprinkles galore and of course 3 different colors of frosting! It was pretty amazing and I must admit I wanted to do my own house, but I refrained and focused on the children! :)
 They had all the same fixings for christmas cookies too....dump a bunch of sprinkles on them and Piper was happy!
 We stayed the night in and hung out. Some people might think that with girls you don't get the wrestling and jumping on and off furniture that you do with boys.....well with these girls, they are always ready to take daddy 'down to the ground'! They can be rough and tough!

 And when that doesn't work Presley pulls out her secret move of trying to lick your face!
We rented Inside Out, got in our jammies, got cozy in the basement and watched the movie with popcorn. Well, three of us watched the movie. There was one little girl who was not interested. She wanted to climb, color, talk loud and do anything she could to interrupt the movie! Gotta love the energy!

Sunday the girls slept in a littler later, I heard the pitter-patter of two little girls sneaking into our room about 9 (I was awake but reading). Steve had planned for him and my dad to go go-carting? racing at MB2 Raceway that morning. They had a great time! This was my dad's retirement present from us (from last December) and we finally found a time for them to go. I think it was better than they thought it would be and now they are ready to go back!
We headed to my parents that afternoon for the Packer game and for Holly's birthday celebration! Another Packer win and my littler sister is 35 years old! Happy Birthday Holly!

No comments:

Post a Comment