Monday, December 21, 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I'm not crafty or creative. However, there are two simple, easy things I do for Christmas to help decorate.

That's it. Occasionally I have wrapped our picture frames in Christmas wrapping paper and hung them back up on the wall to look like wrapped presents, however that hasn't happened in a while.
 
Saturday Steve had tickets to the Big 4 basketball tournament. So he left about 1 and the girls and I hung out. Then we took the afternoon to make some Christmas cookies! I needed to find something to keep them busy and away from fighting with each other. I had lots of plans to make lots of different things and for the most part, we did all of them! Presley was super cooperative and very into it! Piper, not so much but at least she left Presley alone to help me! :) 
She made 3 cookies, in order, to say her name!



 She made three that said Piper, she made 4 that had I-O-W-A in chocolate chips on them too!
 And about 10 minutes after they were done with cookies they started fighting and the next 3 hours I spent trying to keep them apart.
Our final result. Which almost none of this will get eaten in this house, believe it or not!
 
Sunday we got ready for the Packer game and for Christmas cookies with the family. I think this is my first Packer picture this year with my girls! 

Holly had the best cookie...which was a snowman that she decorated as a duck and it looked really good!
 Sam took it very seriously, being the creative one. She had a lot of good cookies too!
 Scott did not have very many good cookies. I will let you determine what he decorated his candy cane as......#13yearold
 Overall the kids did about half the cookies and the adults did the other half. They played good and we hardly saw them!
 She might have loved the sprinkles as you can tell by the amount on the table in front of her!
 My daddy and Piper sat at the table by themselves for close to 1/2 hour decorating cookies by themselves. They were too cute and I'm so glad that my dad takes this time to help my baby!
Piper was having some stomach issues and just hadn't seemed herself over the last 3 days, then she curled up in my lap and did this! WTF? She hasn't done this since she was a baby!!! I loved it! She didn't have a fever or anything but she slept for a good 1/2 hour thru lots of yelling during the football games!
Cherish these moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment