Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sunday Funday?

Obviously we were up too late on Saturday night watching the game so the girls didn't fall asleep until about 11, I was hoping they would sleep in! I, of course, was up at 8:30 but I laid in bed and read my book. About 10, I started to hear Piper and she eventually made her way into my bed. She laid on my chest and watched cartoons for a good half hour. It was awesome, so sweet. Love these moments!
We got some breakfast and went downstairs, we hung out until about 11:15 when I decided Presley really needed to get up! Piper woke her up and in the first 2 minutes, I regretting waking her up b/c they were already fighting. It was melt down after melt down, mainly by Piper but Presley CANNOT leave her alone. Piper is like a drug that she can't ignore, it's so annoying.
They continued to fight, Piper continued to get pissed off and just start throwing anything that she could get her hands on. About 1:30, we were all crying. It was awesome.
I decided that we needed to get out of the house. I didn't know where we were going but I thought at least they would be strapped into their car seats and unable to touch each other!
 
We headed across the dam, went east, went south, thru downtown and eventually we ended at Gray's Lake. We got out and walked down the path and bridge. I let them run and chase each other and me and just run off some energy! It was chilly for sure but they needed it! (so did I)
Since their eating schedules were all off from sleeping so late I decided that we would do an early dinner at Texas Roadhouse (yes, I took the risk in going there with both of them by myself). They were actually pretty good but didn't eat much. Oh well. We got home about 5 and went to the basement and hung out some more. They played, they fought, they wrestled and cried. Awesome.
 
However, we did baths early and I got them to settle down and watch part of Elf while eating their fruit and both girls were in bed and asleep by 8:45! Score!
 
Steve, on the otherhand had much more fun! Our friend Kruse picked him up at the airport in Indy, they went to the Iowa game together and today they drove to Chicago to see Steel Panther at the House of Blues tonight. Then he'll fly back from Chicago tomorrow afternoon...a nice little boys weekend!
Somehow they decided they would buy each other shirts to wear at the concert.....good thing Steve can pull off a jacket like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment