Sunday, January 25, 2015

Weekend Update

Well last week ended with less excitement than the previous week and weekend, which we are thankful for!
Thursday I had my monthly work outing, we had a good turn out with 10 of us there and I was still home by 9 to watch Parenthood. (OMG, I was a sobbing mess watching this!) Piper, of course, had another incident report at Generation on Thursday....somehow fell down and scraped her head against the wall. So basically it looks like rug burn on her forehead.
So in the last week, she has two rug burn marks on her stomach, one on her forehead, she has a scrape on her cheek from this morning and now has a scraped up toe (and that doesn't include her puking last Sunday or her never-ending cough)....this girl is a walking mess!!!

Saturday Piper woke up at 5.....huh? For 45 minutes I went back in there, pat her back, then she'd cry again? So Steve was kicked to the couch and Piper came into our bed....and then we all fell back asleep until 9! Woohoo! We were up and out of the house by 10:30, Steve took the girls to Sky Zone which ended up being too busy and at capacity so then took them to Playground for Kids which closes at noon on Saturdays, he said it was extremely busy there too but they had a good time for the 45 minutes they were there. I took advantage of this time and ran some errands by myself!

That afternoon the girls spent some time running around outside and enjoying the awesome weather!
My mom watched the girls for us that night so we could go get dinner and drinks for my early birthday night out (b/c our next two weekends are packed full). We had dinner at Americana, it was VERY good! I think we were both impressed. Then we headed over to Mickey's on 86th St, which was where Steve and I spent a majority of our nights when we were dating! It was nice to go back and watch him still run the pool table there! :)

This morning we got up and ready and out of the house to go have brunch at 1908 Draught House. It was perfect! We were basically the only ones there, the food was good, the kids were good and they ate good, we'll be going back for sure. Then we ran to the mall and let them run around the play area for a while, trying to wear these girls out. HA!
We got home and it was basically time for Piper to go down for a nap, I was exhausted too so I put some laundry in, took my contacts out and laid in bed.....Presley came with me. She was playing on the ipad, I turned on a movie for her and figured she would be good....no, she would not shut up! So I did get some sleep in between her requests for an apple, pretzel goldfish, paper to color on (she got all of them by herself, b/c she was tired of waiting for me to do it...but let's face it, she is almost 6, these are all things she can do without my help anyway!)

Overall it was good weekend! The kids didn't kill each other, neither one got into too much trouble, the house is fairly clean picked up, dishes are done, floor is clean, dusting is complete and the laundry is done....sitting in baskets throughout the house! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment