Monday, January 19, 2015

UGH

This is just not my favorite weekend either. With Steve working both days and after being hung over Saturday, and the Packers losing on Sunday and then waking up at 2:30 in the morning to Piper throwing up in her crib, I'm over it. Get me back to work.

She ended up sleeping in bed with me and never did throw up again but I knew I couldn't take her to Generation! I did have the day off but unfortunately I had 3 errands I had to get done and had even decided weeks ago to keep Presley home with me all day.

So I called up Grandma at 7:15 in the morning so she could come watch Piper for a couple hours.
We got a letter in the mail about a month ago from P's school....they had done a hearing test and it had come back that she had mild to moderate hearing loss! We weren't completely 100% shocked, she often says 'What?' multiple times but we really just figured that she is 5 years old and not listening to us! So of course we were worried but didn't want to jump to conclusions until we got her into an ENT. So she had that appt this morning and passed with flying colors. No issues! They said the previous test could have been an issue with pressure on her ears (like when your ears need to pop) and now that pressure has passed.

After that we went to Nobbies to get party supplies and order balloons for her birthday coming up and then headed to David's Bridal to try on a bridesmaid dress for Samantha's wedding. We actually got thru our errands fairly quickly so we made a pit stop at Village Inn for brunch because I felt bad that I wasn't going to be able to take her to see Paddington like we had planned.

Piper had basically slept until 10:30 and we got home about 11:30, mom had given her Tylenol and she seemed ready to play. The girls did nothing but irritate each other all day, didn't help that Presley was bored and Piper threw a fit over EVERYTHING. Piper did want a nap but it was a late (and short) one from 2:45-3:30.

Steve had to work late again today, so us girls had an early dinner, took a quick walk down the block to get out of the house, and took baths so that they were all ready for bed once Steve got home. He is just exhausted (too many 12 hour days and too many months of shitty sleep!) and they are SO excited to see him when he gets home, that they don't want to leave him alone. I know he misses them and I know he is wanting this job over with so if we can get thru this week, maybe we'll just let him sleep all next weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment