Sunday, January 18, 2015

MIA

Over a week since an update?! What???
The week was not my favorite. Steve is finishing up a job and it is taking it everything out of him to get it done. He is tired of it and just wants it done. He worked late Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday....long days working from 7-8 pm......the girls not really seeing him, me acting as the single mom, me having to cook dinner 3 nights in a row....WHAT? But it was overall pretty good, the girls and I made it thru without too much crying or fighting! :)

Thursday morning I won VIP tickets to the concert that we had already bought tickets to go to! So we were able to sell our tickets to Sam and Scott. Carlyn came to watch the girls Friday night about 6 and Steve and I went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. The food was really good, but can't say the service was that great. Then we met Scott and Sam at the concert. We all had a good time, lots of laughs, beers and fun!

In fact, too much fun for this girl! I was hung over Saturday, not cool when Steve has to work and it's just me and the girlies! Basically, I let them destroy the house as I laid on the couch. If they fought, I listened, eventually they figured it out! HA! While Piper napped, I napped and Presley played on the Ipad. Then I agreed to let Allie come over and play with P, for the most part they played pretty good together and Piper would go play with them and then come sit with me for a while. It worked out and kept her entertained for a couple hours!
 
Finally about 7, Steve got home from work (another 8-7 day!), he showered and then Piper started complaining about her owie?! I had kissed it once (which is usually all it takes to get her to forget about it!) but she just kept crying and whining about her stomach, wouldn't let us touch it, kept pulling her shirt away from her tummy/chest area and she had two red marks basically on her ribs. She was whining, crying, and wouldn't let us touch it. We were fairly certain she had tried to squeeze thru the chair and stair railing and didn't know if she had just hurt herself or bruised a rib or what! So about 8, we decided we needed to do something with her or we would worry and not sleep. Off they went to the ER! UGH! She was more than cooperative with the doctor, did everything they asked her to, the doc said he didn't think anything was broken but we could have xrays done if we wanted. We opted to have it done, just to be sure, to put our minds as ease....they took her little shirt off and put a little gown on her and took her little xrays like a champ! She was fine!  Ended up being mostly just a 'rug burned' rib area, even today she still has those marks on her! Even on her way out of the ER she was the entertainment for the waiting room, saying 'buh bye guys!', 'thank you!' and singing you are my sunshine on the way out! Seriously love this girl!
 
(Did I use enough exclamation points in this post?)

No comments:

Post a Comment