Friday, January 9, 2015

Over it.

Tuesday I was ready to get back to our routine, back to the grind, back to a normal schedule.
At 3 pm, I got a call from school...Presley was in the nurses office for the second time complaining of a sore throat and now also had a fever of 101. Steve was about done with work so he went and got her.
Wednesday morning we were lucky enough that Presley was able to go to mom's since she had a fever (and school was cancelled for cold weather anyway!). About 10 am....I get a call from Generation about Piper....she had 3 bad diapers (in 3 hours!) so they are required to call the parents and have her picked up, no fever and acting fine. (We found out she had 2 bad diapers on Tuesday morning b/c since it was only 2 she was fine to stay for the day!)....So Grandma to the rescue! She took Presley and went to pick up Piper! At least everyone was able to take naps at Grandma's I'm sure she appreciates those hours of silence.
Wednesday night Piper coughed ALL night long, none of us got much sleep.

Thursday, Piper went back to Generation and Presley went back to mom's, but my mom noticed white spots on her throat. I made her a dr's appt and was able to get off work early to take her. Strep throat and 103 degree temp. She never really complained about her throat and we have to FIGHT to get her to take Tylenol for the fever.
We fought ALL night to get her to take the strep meds....it did taste terrible. She refused. We tried adding it to applesause and Sprite, but it just changed the taste too much. We tried holding her down, she would panic, gag, throw up (most of this she did with taking Tylenol too, but she got better). I just couldn't hold her down anymore, it was torture to see her panic and freak out like that....it almost made me panic for her. So she didn't take it and most of the meds were gone.

Piper was up coughing most of this night too. Presley's fever got really high. I was worried, another night with little sleep.

Today, Friday, finally. Presley once again went to mom's. We had her meds refilled (which insurance wouldn't cover, so it costs us $50, but we got bubblegum flavor.....she better LOVE it!). My mom and Steve did get one dose in her so that is a start....only 4 days left to struggle with. However, her fever seems to have gone down and she hasn't eaten that much (I'm surprised she hasn't lost weight, but weighed her normal 45 lbs at the doctors office)

So it's 10:30, why am I still up? I think I'm letting my stress and anxiety wind down for the night. Enjoying the peace and quiet (while Piper isn't coughing....good dose of medicine and Vicks on her chest.
Please, please children sleep in tomorrow! I'll be happy with 8 but would REALLY love 9! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment