Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014/2015

So my goals for 2014, I just don't think I did very good......

1) Get both girls into some sort of swimming classes: Presley did take one session
2) Run a 5k, in a race, on the treadmill, around a lake....wherever, just be able to run 3.1 miles again! : Fail....I got up to 1.5 miles but didn't run nearly as much as I wanted to.
3) Payoff both credit cards (stupid Cancun and new mattress!): Done! I just opened a Disney credit card, but I'll be paying this off every month. So we have no credit card debt.
4) Open a savings account for Piper (and continuously add to hers and Presley's accounts!): Fail....my mom reminds of this every couple months and I still didn't do it.
5) Sign my baby up for Kindergarten and eventually get Piper into fulltime daycare at Generation Next. Done! Both girls are done with daycare at my mom's (unless they are sick or daycare is closed!) :)
6) Go on a weekend family trip just the 4 of us, whether to the Megamall, Omaha, KC....somewhere! Fail.....we went to Okoboji with Steve's family, Colorado for my family reunion and KC with my family but never got our weekend away with the 4 of us....really they test our patience ALL the time and I'm not sure a weekend away would be fun for us at this point.
7) Once a month give to someone. Whether it be a surprise gift card in the mail or a dollar to the guy who plays guitar in the skywalk. Once a month isn't much but it is more than I'm doing now! I did pretty good, I gave baby clothes to different people, sent a surprise gift card to a friend, we gave our glider and ottoman to a friend....so I did more than normal, but didn't do something every month.
8) Pinterest more! Whether cooking/baking, crafts....something to get my creative juices flowing (b/c I have limited creativity) Fail....I know I did some things, but honestly can't remember anything significant so I won't give myself any credit for it.

My goals for 2015 are similar to last year, hopefully I can achieve more in 2015!
1) Get both girls into swimming classes
2) Run a 5k, in a race, on the treadmill, around a lake....wherever, just be able to run 3.1 miles again!
3) Open a savings account for Piper (and continuously add to hers and Presley's accounts!)
4) Steve and I take a trip, even if it is just another weekend trip like we did in November when we went to Omaha. But we really need to branch out and go somewhere we haven't been. Chicago, Nashville, Memphis.
5) Get Presley involved in something...teeball, gymnastics, soccer....I don't care but it has to be something. One thing is not too much to ask, is it? Most kids are involved in everything (which I really DON'T want!)
6) Lose some weight (10 pounds I would be more than happy with) and get in shape. We are doing a family weight loss challenge from January to May, so this should help. Running and cutting back on my cider beer addiction should help! :)
7) Either have a garage sale or give our crap to Goodwill! We both need to go thru our clothes, we have girls clothes and toys in bins in the basement that are just sitting there that can go to a nice home, other than ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment