Saturday, January 10, 2015

Quiet time

So I was hoping for the girls to sleep until 9 am this morning....they needed it. Steve got up about 7:30 to head to work and I never fell back asleep, which SUCKS....but I did some reading, ate some toast in bed, got caught up on my American Idol and enjoyed the peace and quiet in my comfy, warm bed.
I did go in to check on both of them at 9, worried since they had both been sick! Just listening at each of their doors I could hear them snoring away!
I finally heard Piper start talking about 9:30 and went in to get her about 9:45 when I heard her keep saying 'help you' (which means help me), 'mama, help you!'.....from what I could figure out from her baby jabber, was that she had slept on one of her pacifers and it hurt her back so she wanted me to kiss it! HA!

We got up and did breakfast, 'cuddled' on the couch (she loves getting under a blanket to 'cuddle' with me!) and then finally about 10:30 Presley woke up!

I had plans to run some errands with both girls this morning, but they were actually playing pretty good and I didn't want to ruin a good thing so we stayed in. Presley went to our room and played on the ipod for a while, Piper played with her baby dolls and did some reading on my lap. I hung out, read my book and enjoyed it!

Once Piper went down for her nap, Steve was home from work and Presley and I went to Target and out for an early dinner! We got home about 4, Steve left about 5 to  go out for his nephew's 21st birthday and the girls have been surprisingly good! I have figured out that if I can get them to play away from me, they play SO much better. They go to Presley's room and play school or house, tonight they pretended to be puppies for a while....I wish we could have more good playing times like we did today!

So now here I sit, with more time to myself! So many movies I want to watch, so many DVR'd shows I need to watch, my book has been calling my name all weekend and of course, there is laundry I could do, photo books to be made and really I'm tired and just want to sleep! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment