Sunday, December 7, 2014

Retirement!

So my daddy officially retired last week! Friday my mom made a great roast dinner for him and we all came to join...and somehow this dinner turned into a 'roast'....like the ones you see on Comedy Central, where they just bash on everyone and make fun of everyone. Steve was ready, he had prepared for 2 days. Holly and Jerry had nice things to say. Holly made us cry, Jerry made us laugh after he thanked my dad for having 3 hot daughters with nice cans! (This is how our family is, this is NOT out the norm!) Steve's was so good, he took jabs at everyone, nothing too mean but all too funny! I do have it recorded on my phone, hopefully I can upload it sometime for you to hear! This 'speech' included making fun of my wine habit! :)
We were there way too late having a good time and the girls were being good too, but we didn't get them home and into bed until after 10:30. Piper did not sleep as late as she should on Saturday morning getting up at 8:30, Presley on the other hand slept until almost 10:30!
 
Johnston had their holiday fun at the library that afternoon, so about 3 we woke Piper up from her nap and all got ready to head up there.  In the beginning, Presley was NOT impressed. She kept saying she was bored and wanted to leave, I think there were too many people for her and like typical Presley doesn't like to have fun if this is what she knows we want from her! :)
 
FINALLY, we talked her into doing a craft! She loves crafts at home and once we convinced her to do one, then she wanted to do them all!
Her reindeer, filled with reindeer food to sprinkle on the lawn for Santa's reindeer on Christmas!
I kept Piper entertained with books, we might have to go to the library more often during the cold winter months!
Her snowman!
Neither one wanted to see Santa, which was no surprise to us. Presley cried on Santa's lap when she was 9 months old, other than that....we don't even get close. Piper covered her eyes when we walked up to him and then hid her face from him. So we might be a family to NEVER have pictures taken with Santa. Oh well!
 
Today we have done nothing. I'm still in my pj's, didn't do my make-up....I did clean the kitchen, sweep the floors, do laundry and make banana bread, so I wasn't completely lazy ALL day!
We are going to have to get these girls out of the house over the next couple months though, they get bored and just pick on each other ALL day long. I spent my first hour this morning playing games with Presley, a little Uno, War, Mancala....over and over and then we had to play school for hours! Piper just stands in the kitchen and cries b/c she wants food....she will eat all day if we let her!

No comments:

Post a Comment