Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Random

- Is it bad that I find myself kinda scrambling over the last couple Christmas things we need to get done and I just don't really care?! I should care!
- Piper is a challenge. My friend Janelle posted about her little girl Cora and it is just all so familiar to what we go thru with Piper. Tonight after Piper's bath....she changed shirts 4 times and pants twice, she can't quiet do it herself so it takes so much patience from us to let her do it herself...and it takes understanding on her part (which how do you get this from a 2 year old?) to realize that she can't ALWAYS do it herself!
- Piper can't be in or near the kitchen. Basically you cannot open the fridge door or you will be giving her food or listening to a crying fit b/c she was cheese, applesauce, milk, yogurt....whatever.
- Our new bad habit with Piper when we are trying to get 5 minutes of quiet or sitting still....PBS Kids on the ipod...she is loving Super Why and Sid the Science Kid, and this is the longest we have ever been able to get her to sit still, so I'll take this 10 minutes and run with it! Think of the stuff I can get done in 10 minutes!

- Presley loves reading. Good thing her teacher is all about the reading! They encourage them to read 15 minutes a day, so of course, they started a chart for them to keep track. She wanted to be the first one to turn it in....but 5 kids turned it in today and she will tomorrow! :)
- Presley spent almost an hour the other night doing an addition workbook for 1st graders...she said it was too easy....on the first pages, by the time we got near the back of the book she was getting frustrated with me when I was trying to explain things and said I was being 'bossy'! Um. Ok! She also argued with me when I told her that 6+2 is the same as 2+6.....she really thought I was wrong!

- My friend Cindy's baby girl had heart surgery last week. I can't imagine what they have been going thru. She is in Iowa City with the baby and her husband is back here with their 5 year old and the other baby girl, working, holding down the fort and being a singe dad until Zoe can come home, which might not be for a couple weeks. I might have to be a secret Santa and send them a gift card or something. (I'm pretty sure neither one of them reads this, or has time to read this, so it should be secret!)

No comments:

Post a Comment