Sunday, December 14, 2014

One week

I can't believe it has been a week since I have posted. Probably b/c not much has been going on or I've just been too lazy!
Piper has been a real gem lately to get to sleep. We start at 7:30 and usually by 9 she is finally giving up and going to sleep. So we spend all that time listening to her talk, sing, cry, scream....and going in there every 15 minutes or so to give her back her blanket and pacifer that she has thrown out. Presley is always asleep before her.
So Thursday we had Steve's work party and Carlyn came to babysit....we warned her about Piper!
His company had rented out 1908 Draught House in Johnston, free food and free drinks! This is about the only time of year that I see the people he works with, it is always a good time, everyone is very nice and the company is really good to work for, so we have been lucky!
We got home about 11 and Carlyn said that Piper didn't cry once! Are you kidding me? So I told her that she is hired at 7:30 every night to come over and put her to bed! HA!

I actually took Friday off from work, I had an extra day of PTO to burn and NEEDED to get some stuff done! So Piper and I slept in until after 8, I dropped her off at Generation at 9 and then I got some Christmas shopping done and went home to organize! I went thru ALL the toys in the basement and purged. I put all pieces with their other pieces, I put all the baby toys in a tote, I threw away all the junk toys (missing pieces, McDonalds toy crap), went thru the stuffed animals and put a bunch of toys that NEVER get used into storage! Felt good....and so far, the basement isn't destroyed so my hard work has actually lasted 48 hours!
Steve picked Presley up from school and they went to go buy a small Christmas tree for her room, she has been wanting one and we said that if she continued to have good dropoffs at school that she could get one....she picked out a purple one! They those two had a daddy/daughter dinner at Perkins (they love that place!). Piper and I hung out at home, she was really good for me and kept herself occupied without too much whining!

Saturday Steve got up super early and went to work, I couldn't sleep and both girls were up by 8 so once Steve got home from work we headed out to Jethros Bacon for brunch.....we rarely leave our house before noon, so this was exciting for us to leave the house by 10! We had a pretty successful brunch out, the girls love breakfast food so this Jethros worked great for us...despite the full cup of milk that Piper knocked on the floor! Oops!

We got home about noon, Piper napped and Presley went outside with Steve for a while. But that girl had a TERRIBLE afternoon! I don't know if she was just bored or what, but goodness. It took every ounce of us to get her under control, without us losing our control.....and of course, doing it so that Piper wouldn't wake up! It was very rough 2 hours for her (and she had her new Christmas tree taken away already!). That night our neighbor had a holiday party, so we headed over there about 5 assuming we would be there for 15 minutes, the girls would be bad or bored, then they would want dinner and we would have to leave........WELL, the girls were surprising good, he had a TON of food to eat of which the girls LOVED (and we were nice enough to let them have chips, cookies and fruit for dinner!) they were able to run wild in his basement and we didn't end up leaving until after 8! So it was really nice to hang out there and meet some new people.

Today, we had our Packer party at mom's that was combined with Holly's birthday party! After the last roast at my dad's retirement party, we decided that this might be something we have to do for everyone on their birthdays....so Holly was the first victim! It was really funny! I was crying from laughing so hard and it's nice that no one (yet) has been too offended!
Piper napped good, Presley, Boston and Mary played good.....successful Sunday (minus the Packers losing. Boo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment