Thursday, August 14, 2014

Rocky Mountain High Day 2

We all went to bed fairly early on Saturday night, we were all exhausted! Steve, P and I shared a king size bed and Piper slept in the pack-n-play next to the bed. Piper woke up alot, would whine and cry and then go right back to sleep....still enough to wake us up. Presley slept in the middle and took over the entire bed and not to mention that it gets down into the 40's and 50's at night and our cabin was freezing by morning...so this was not the great night of sleep that we needed!
 
The girls cuddled under a blanket, eating some donut holes.
We got ready and took a walk into town....the town is only 2 blocks away and has alot of little shops and restaurants and things for the kids to do.  We walked around and then found the playground, which they loved!
Then it actually started to warm up, so we all went and put on lighter clothes (I think we changed clothes three different times this day). My cousin's daughter Harper and Piper are just about a month apart. I think Piper wanted to be friends with her more than Harper wanted to be friends with Piper!
 
A nice family picture! I love the background, I could've taken pictures all day long....and almost did considering the almost 400 pictures I took in 5 days!
We have family Olympics...which are taken very seriously. We have done this every year that I can remember. Sometimes there are tears, people get mad, people quit playing.....it's a toss up on how things pan out. So at 1 pm, we had volleyball.....we won our first game....then lost the next two. But they were close games and fun and it gets everyone together!
After dinner, we had Olympic beer pong (water pong) no real drinking involved. I did terrible. Somehow I was paired up with others who are way better than me (oh yes, they rank everyone on their 'skill' level for each event!) And I think we ended up tying in this event, each team had 3 members win their game and 3 members lose.
I went to take pictures of the kids climbing on the rocks and Piper was all camera ready...she stood there saying 'more cheese' (for me to take more pics) over and over again! 
Gotta love the stripes and polka dots!
Then the other kids chimed in with their 'cheesy' smiles!
This nights sleep was horrendous. Presley wanted to sleep on the couch, great! Piper was up from 2-6 in the morning. Crying, screaming....my dad heard her from the next cabin over (our windows were shut, his were open) and said he thought a wild animal was being killed!). Steve had planned to go hiking with my dad at 6, so the poor guy literally got about 3 hours of sleep. Pipers crying woke Presley up about 5 am.....she was then up until 7...they both went back to sleep until about 10. I was able to get a little more sleep, but still only ended up with about 5 total hours. We REALLY were in need of some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment