Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Ferguson

So I might start an argument with some, but it is my blog and so I'll say what I want. I totally don't want to be mean or narrow minded but I just want to vent. I will admit I don't have all the facts with the Ferguson issue that is ALL over television ALL of the time right now but.......
For arguments sake, let's keep it simple and say it's murder. There is no status issue of cop vs. teen, there is no racial issue of white vs. black. Got it?
Murders happen every day (I'm pretty sure that is a fact that I'm right about!). Murders happen to guilty, innocent, with intent, on accident, out of revenge, hatred or just for the fun of it (unfortunately it happens). Why does this murder get national attention from everyone? B/c we have made it a white vs. black issue? B/c it was a cop? B/c the people of Ferguson have made themselves look like jackasses with the looting and rioting?
People get murdered every day and their families don't get to talk to the attorney general, they don't get a moment of silence on the VMA's.
I do feel sorry for all the families involved in this case. I feel bad b/c it isn't just about losing the life of a teen but we have made it a racial and status issue. I feel sorry for every other murdered victim and their families over the last couple weeks who have rec'd NO attention for the lost of their loved ones

End rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment