Tuesday, November 13, 2012

This and That

So last Wednesday when I went to pick up P from preschool and Piper just wasn't 'right'. When I took her out of the car her face turned bright red, her eyes were blood shots and she had actual tears in her eyes...it was almost as if she couldn't breathe! Finally, some of her formula came out of her nose (but she hadn't eaten in 3 hours) and she started crying! So weird, freaked me out. I gave her a bottle and she spit up most of it....didn't really think twice about it until about 2 when it was time for her next bottle. The first ounce came up, I gave her two more ounces....all that came up too?! So I called the doctor and they wanted me to bring her in since she was so little and she really hadn't kept anything down since 7 am. So we went, which is why I know that she weighs 6 lbs, 15 ozs...basically the doctor said it could be acid reflux, there didn't appear to be anything 'wrong' with her and we should just try to water down her bottle and burp her after every ounce to see if that helped....and you know what? She had spit up like that since. It's almost as if that day was just a fluke, so she is back to sleeping in the bouncy seat next to my bed until I feel comfortable putting her back in her crib at night!

Last Thursday Presley had her dentist appointment. I had taken her back in February but all they did was show her their tools and count her teeth to make her feel comfortable before really getting into the teeth cleaning. She was surprising cooperative! This time....a different story. She wouldn't open her mouth, she wouldn't sit in the chair....nothing. We tried holding her down but that just broke my heart and I didn't want to scare her even more...so we'll try again in 6 months and hopefully it will turn out better.

I have been shocked at the amount of presents that Presley has rec'd for being a big sister. I love how nice and thoughtful everyone has been! A coworker of mine (I won't mention her name b/c she wouldn't like it) sent Presley a card in the mail and before I could read the whole thing, I had tears in my eyes! Here is what it said:
Presley,
Sure hope you are enjoying your new baby sister, Piper. You may not know it now, but someday this little baby girl will become your best friend. She will come to you for advice about school and boys (yuck!). What an honor it is to be the "BIG" sister, you will be great!
P.S. Go easy on your mom and dad, this is a new job for them too.

Presley is obsessed with winning. She always wants to race, if we play games she gets SO excited if she wins and doesn't really want to play if she is going to lose. She races to see who can get buckled in the car first or who can finish their dinner first. I know part of this is our fault, I think all parents try some of these 'strategies' to get their kids to do things (like counting how long it takes to do something, or see who can pick up toys the fastest). I keep telling her that she doesn't always get to win and that eating dinner is NOT A RACE! :)
She took this 'winning' to a different level the other night when we were reading her Bible. You know the story of Cain and Abel? Where Cain kills Abel...well here is the picture that is in her Bible.
And you know what she says? She points to Cain and says 'He's winning' and then points to Abel and says 'He's not winning'. Goodness!!!!! I nicely explained that Cain was being mean and God doesn't like it when we are mean to people, we are supposed to be nice and help people! Oh this kid! She cracks me up and makes me worry! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment