Monday, November 26, 2012

Reading is more fun if there are pictures!

Still no luck with the whole picture downloading thing (though it will let me copy and paste from Facebook?)! FRUSTRATING!

I guess I will just move on minus the pictures! The nice, long weekend was pretty good to us (even though being on maternity leave it seems like I always have long weekends!). Wednesday was so nice out, I was so happy with the neighbor kids came over to ask P if she wanted to play! I had to go with her for most of it but she was so happy and played so good with them! The boy next door who is about 6 years old has 3 younger sisters so he is so good with her, he makes sure she is included and always gives her a turn with whatever they are playing!
I was able to meet some friends for drinks Wednesday night, it was so nice to get out and catch up with them! It had been too long and I wasn't out too late which was nice so I could get home and help with bedtime!

Thursday we went to my parents house for Thanksgiving! It was a lot of fun, lots of laughs, played some four square, ate way too much good, yummy food! (Thanks mom!) and all the kids were pretty good! Presley loved the cranberry! She called it jelly, even though she doesn't like jelly normally but for some reason this canned cranberry she couldn't get enough of!

Friday we put up our Christmas tree and decorations, Presley was a big help (pictures to come). I love the holiday season and it seems that P is excited about it this year too! Basically we didn't do much else but hang out. Steve and P did take a trip to Walmart (on Black Friday? Are you serious?) and it wasn't busy at all! By noon on Black Friday, the stores and malls are all back to normal...thank you, Black Thursday?!

Saturday we did some hanging out and got ready to head to Earlham for another Thanksgiving! They do appetizers and we always have a family pool tournament! I was happy that I beat nephew Jordan and almost beat Matt! My pool skills have declined since we don't hang out at bars anymore! :)
We got there and I went with P to find cousin Ava, after 10 minutes they were off and playing. No adults needed and basically we didn't see them most of the night b/c they did so much playing together! It was awesome and just what we always hope for with Presley.

Aren't they cute!
 
Since we were up too late on Saturday night in Earlham, Steve and Presley slept in Sunday morning (9:30 for them, lucky)! Then we got up and ready to take P to Disney on Ice. Piper went to Grandmas and we hit up Buzzard Billys for lunch before the show. Even during lunch we could tell that P was still tired, she was moody! So we enjoyed the first half of the show. During the intermissions she took her shoes off, then she ate cotton candy and she wanted to go wash her hands....but didn't want to put her shoes back on. BREAKDOWN! She cried off and on for about 15 during the 2nd half of the show, good thing it was loud and there were plenty of other kids getting restless around us too! The show was really good, I wish they would've made the princess part longer and did less with Mulan and Pinocchio (b/c what kids have seen those movies?) So after another melt down b/c she didn't want to put her coat on (umm...it is 30 degrees out, this is not negotiable at this point) we picked up Piper and headed home....oh yeah, after we had wrestle her back into the car when we left grandmas. People in the neighborhood probably thought a child was getting abused in that car with the amount of screaming, crying and yelling going on! Heck even her shoes were kicked off during the situation!
 
She was much better once we got home and got settled down. She went to bed early and on a side note.....she is 100% potty trained now! #1 and #2 are mastered and she has been dry in the mornings! Woohoo!
 
Today has been relaxing. I dropped P off at Aprils house about 9 (I was up at 6:45 but didn't wake P up until about 7:45, that way she can eat breakfast here and we aren't in any real hurry...boy that will change once I go back to work...NOT looking forward to that!) and then my mom and godmother Cindy came over! Normally, I run to Target, clean, do laundry and honestly I haven't done any of that today! Maybe I should...........

No comments:

Post a Comment