Sunday, March 18, 2012

St Paddy's Day with pictures galore!

I never used to celebrate St Paddy's Day until I met Steve and then I realized you really don't have to be Irish to enjoy this day!
Some girls and I decided to hit up Chicago this year! We got there Friday night and had a nice dinner and went to bed early to be rested up for the big day!
By 9 am shots were being taken and drinks were being sipped!

We got to see some of the city on our way to see the green river and parade! I have never really been to Chicago, so I loved it all!

We got a lot of comments on our shirts too!

and finally we got to see the river! It was way more green than I imagined it would be! It was awesome, no wonder it draws the HUGE crowd that was there!
Near Millienium Park we saw the Art Institute of Chicago, thank you Ferris Bueller....I would've never taken this picture otherwise!
and we saw the 'bean'. I had seen pictures of this on other peoples blog and thought it was so cool! I was excited to get to take some pictures of it!
We totally missed the parade, which was fine with us, we had lunch at a great pizza place where we had patio side seating, (in which we got to watch a passed out drunk girl get carted off in an ambulance, good entertainment for us but I'm sure scary for her and her friends.) It's so crazy to be sitting on patios in March it's awesome since the weather was so nice! Amazing 80 degrees in March, we are so lucky!
We found a nice Irish bar, OCallaghans where we spent most of the afternoon. We met some new friends (who liked to buy too many shots!)....
.......and missed some old friends. RIP Brendan. We love you and miss you.
and all the pictures after this bar and inappropriate! The shots took their toll, we went to dinner about 7 and headed back to the hotel room about 8:30! It was nice to get to bed early to let any hang overs work their way out of us before the drive home!
Overall, great girls weekend away! and now I want to plan a family trip there....My life list has seeing a Cubs game at Wrigley Field on it, so I might have to work on this trip soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment