Sunday, March 4, 2012

Another week gone by

So this Tuesday I took P to gymnastics while Steve worked on some house stuff. They did the trampoline first, and normally they do it last...so P was in! Most weeks they have 2 teachers helping with the kids and this week Tawny helped. Presley loved her! Tawny gave P attention and made sure that she participated in everything! I hope Tawny helps more often b/c Presley did the whole hour of gymnastics! Occasionally running over to me saying 'Mama, I did it!', so cute! I hope this continues over the next month, but I won't get my hopes up. (on a side note: 10 girls between the ages of 3-6 are really loud and annoying)
We did put a For Sale sign in our yard this week. The house on the corner near us put a sign in their yard and we thought maybe we could use some of their marketing for our house! LOL! Our house is no where near ready for a showing and we have no idea where we would move...but we'll figure it out when the time comes.

We took our annual Mall Of America trip this weekend! It's a fairly cheap way for us to get away for a short family vacation. We left DSM about 12:30 Friday afternoon, perfect timing for Presley to nap on the drive up! We got there about 4 pm and went to IKEA, they always have pretty cool and cheap stuff there. Then we found our hotel, the Comfort Inn.....this is the third year we have stayed there (out of the 5 years we have gone). It's close to IKEA and the mall, it's dated but it is cheap, has a pool, a good free breakfast and there is an Outback restaurant connected to it so it works perfect for us.
We checked into our hotel, went to dinner at Outback and then Steve and Presley got ready to go swimming. I watched and took a couple pictures.

I've been fighting this cold so I was exhausted by 8:30 and Presley was hyped up and not ready for bed. She watched a movie on the laptop and then cuddled up with me about 9:30. This was the first time she had slept in a bed with nothing preventing her from falling off....so I didn't sleep that good, worrying about her. At one point, I turned over and only saw her legs on the bed! She had fallen off and was trying to hold herself up with her hands on the ground! I'm hoping she had just fallen when I noticed and that she wasn't laying like that for a long time!
We got up, ate a nice breakfast, got to the mall about 9:45 and started our shopping! We never buy THAT much there. We did spend about $200 and at stores that we don't have here in DSM! They have the Nickelodeon area (formally Camp Snoopy), I remember last year we had no idea who any of the characters were.....that has changed! We knew almost all of them this year (Backyardigans, The Wonder Pets, Dora, Fresh Beat Band)! Presley was pretty good all day, we made a good $8 purchase for some Princess figurines at the Disney store and they kept her occupied! Overall it was a great 24 hours away!

No comments:

Post a Comment