Thursday, March 22, 2012

Five Question Friday

1. If you were free to just hop in the car and drive, where would you go? Or, if you could hop a plane and go anywhere, where? South, I think you all know I like the sun in 85 degree weather. I'm not complaining about the weather we have been having here, it is awesome!

2. What's your most recently read favorite book? Hunger Games by far, hopefully I can finish the second book in the next week. Strongly recommend them for easy reading, intense, can't-put-the-book down kinda reading!

3. What's your favorite Spring Break memory? I only remember two 'spring breaks' I remember is going to Jamaica my senior year of high school. Why my parents let me go, I'll never understand (oh yes, I do understand....b/c I was a good kid, I swear)! It was fun, but it was a totally different atmosphere than what I was used to. I didn't drink so being around excessive drinking, smoking pot, wet tshirt contests.....was out of my element, but hell it was Jamaica!

Then I went with three girlfriends to Los Angeles in college, that was fun too. We got to see and do a lot of different things. Santa Monica pier (where we got our palms read....she told me I had no real role models in my life (who the hell did she think she was??) and that accounting was not what I should be going to college for....she was right about one of them, I didn't graduate with an accounting degree!), shopping on Rodeo Drive (yes, I actually bought something at the Tommy Hilfiger store and thought it was so cool that my receipt actually said Beverly Hills, CA 90210!), and toured the NBC studios. Very good memories of this trip!

4. What do you put in your child's Easter basket? Or, for those w/o kids, what was put in your childhood basket? Since P is still little and doesn't fully understand the concept, we have just been doing small gifts and candy in her basket, along with finding about 6 plastic eggs around the house. As she gets older hopefully we can make this a bigger production and a little more fun.

Growing up (and even now) we still dye eggs and search for the eggs and our baskets around the house on Easter morning. We've never been the outdoor Easter egg hunting people, normally it's too cold and that doesn't sound like fun. My dad has put together scavenger hunts for us too, hints that lead us from one to the next. He can be very creative!

5. Do you get a summer haircut? Huh? I get my hair cut in the summer all the time! LOL! This would be a negative. I wish I had more courage to change my hair more often but I just don't. I think I would look fine with shorter hair (since both of my sisters do) but what about my ponytail? I have to get my hair out of my face by the end of the day! and I don't think I look good with darker hair b/c I'm so pale, I can't go around looking like I belong in the cast of Twilight.

Wow, I rambled on a lot here...probably b/c I'm at work and not motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment