Thursday, August 11, 2016

TWO week wrap up!

Last week was more of the same for us....Wednesday I had my annual dermatology appt to make sure that I don't have skin cancer issues, all clear for a year! Since I got off work early I was able to take Presley to gymnastics which I rarely get to do b/c of my schedule and the time class begins.

Friday we got a babysitter b/c we hadn't had one in almost two months *gasp*! The weather was perfect so we headed to Taco Hangover in WDSM b/c we heard they have a great patio (which they do!) and good food and drinks (which were ok). We ate and drank and talked then headed over to Draught 50 and had one. Then we headed up to Ankeny to see if The Nadas were still playing, we got there about 10 and they ended about 10:15, so probably not worth the drive but oh well, it's been a long time since we've watched them play and they are just awesome. We stuck around there and had a beer with them and then headed to the Boat House for one last one (which neither of us actually drank).

Saturday I felt so hungover! And I didn't drink that much! The kids were up at 7, which never happens and I was in bed until noon. Then I basically moved to the chair in the family room and slept there! The girls played SO good together which was awesome (even though the house was destroyed!) Steve took the girls to the grocery store and when they got home, they played some more, Steve took a nap and I sucked it up and got ready to head over to the neighbors house for dinner and hanging out!

They had two other families over too and we had pizza, played Pie in the Face (which Presley, Piper and I were the only ones who didn't do it!). The kids watched a movie and had snacks while the adults played Cards Against Humanity (so funny!). Overall it ended up being a very nice night!


Sunday we cleaned! We warned the girls early that it was going to be a cleaning day so they were prepared...Piper was actually more helpful than Presley, which NEVER happens! That afternoon we headed to my parents house for Samantha's 32nd birthday dinner. We ate dinner and hung out outside since it was so nice out and then headed home!

This week has been alot of the same ole stuff...Tuesday I worked late and then got my hair highlighted and thinned....at this point I don't even really get it cut, I just need her to make my hair not so huge! And with this humidity, I rarely straighten my hair b/c it's SO HUGE and frizzy and HUGE.
Wednesday Piper and I went for mexican, she was NOT very good there but one of her friends ended up in the booth next to us so that helped a little. Only one more week of our Wednesday date night! :(

And now here we are Thursday night....we finally got the girls to bed after incredibily ri-donk-ulous drama by both children. Neither wanted to go to bed that badly but it was 8:30 and it was just time! At 9, the thunderstorm was moving in and neither kid was scared of that! Presley was scared b/c her lamp was flickering......so of course I told her to turn it off....makese sense right? RIGHT? Oh no!!!!! That was NOT an option for Presley to stop the light flickering! Instead she sat in the hallway, crying about how scared she was and she wanted her old bed back (umm....not sure why, she has had the same bed for about 9 months and that won't stop the light from flickering!). So sitting in the hallway, she could see the toilet paper moving 'by itself' in the bathroom (or b/c the air conditioner turned on)...oh man! The ghosts in our house are obviously VERY spooky!

Meanwhile during all of this, Piper is crying in her bed b/c she is scared of the dark. Sure. The hall light was on, shining right into her bedroom. Sure.
So it has been a fun night, which is proabbly why I'm still up at 10:30 watching gymnastics and blogging. (and b/c I finished my book last night and haven't started a new one so I have some free time) But now I'm tired and signing off! Good-night and GO USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment