Sunday, August 7, 2016

I'm falling behind!

Some how I can't get caught up on here and now we have been back from vacation for 2 weeks! The Monday we got back from vacation, Steve headed down to Creston for Ragbrai and I picked up the after work. I some how convinced them to go to El Mariachi with me (I was having withdraws) and bribed them to be good by telling them we'd get ice cream afterwards! :) 

Wednesday night Piper insisted on chips and salsa again! (and I wonder why I've gained 8 lbs in the last 3 months!) So we did, I couldn't say no! ;)

Our Wednesday date nights are almost over b/c this girl is started gymnastics the same night at Presley....and she is SO excited to go! And I think she is more than ready!
Friday night Steve picked up the girls and met me at Spectators restaurant near Adventureland (which was a cool place and really good!) And then we headed to Adventureland for a couple hours.

Piper got up the courage to ride the Frog Hopper and she LOVED it! Since the lines are so much shorter at night she was able to ride over and over again without waiting!

We did the ferris wheel when the sun was setting and the lights on the rides were lit up, it looks so neat!


Saturday we had Boston spend the night and we went to the neighbor girls birthday party. Rachel turned 2 and had a Peppa Pig party....so now Piper has decided that she wants a pig birthday party (and she has adamantly told me 'Not Peppa Pig!'. So we'll see if that is what we end up doing! 
Presley and Boston went off and played by themselves at the party and Presley came up and quietly got me to follow her to the bathroom. I immediately knew something was 'wrong'. She opened her mouth and showed me that she had lost her tooth!!! She didn't freak out and she didn't cry (I think b/c we were at this party!) and we were able to find her tooth in the carpet in their basement. The bleeding stopped and she went on playing! I did have to BEG her to let me take her picture and had to PROMISE that I would ONLY show grandma (obviously I broke that promise with FB and this blog! OOPS!)
This tooth had been loose for 2 months! She wouldn't let anyone wiggle it, she didn't want to talk about it and the big tooth had already poked thru behind it! 
One tooth down and plenty to go!
Sunday we hung out and Steve smoked a brisket and we had Sam, Scott and Boston over to hang out by the shed and eat. The weather was perfect and the food was great and Sam was able to take my maternity clothes and our crib/mattress home with them! Less baby stuff in my house! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment