Saturday, March 15, 2014

This and That

So Thursday my mom texted me about 3 saying she was sick and that we needed to come get Piper. Steve, who is usually very flexible in his job, of course couldn't leave this day! LOL! So I left work, got Piper and then got Presley on our way home. It was actually nice out so it worked out perfectly for us to get home, take a walk, see the neighbors and just enjoy the night!
Iowa had a basketball game, Steve was so excited that I didn't have anything planned that he decided to plan a basketball watching date with our friend Damien. They went to Jethros to watch Iowa play (and Iowa lose). You always worry about how the kids will go to bed when there is just one parent around but Piper was asleep by 7:30 and Presley by 8:15. AWESOME! A night to myself! So I got a glass of wine and watched Parenthood and went to sleep!

Friday mom was still sick, it just coincidentally was my late night at work so instead of going in at 10, I went in at noon once Steve was able to come home from work. He took Presley to Generation when he went to work at 7 and Piper and I slept in until 8:30! Piper and I actually got up, ready and actually left the house! We dropped Presley off her 'show and share' item that she forgot, went to the bank, got gas and a car wash! Steve was shocked and impressed that we actually got up and left the house b/c normally this is NOT something I try to do!

Tonight we had over our friends Lisa and Jared and their boys Colton (3 yrs) and Jett (8 months) for dinner. Steve smoked some bacon wrapped pork, we had some beers, the kids played good and we just chatted! It was a good night and we are so glad they were able to make it over!

No comments:

Post a Comment