Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hump Day

Last night we got Holly, Jerry and Mary to come over and watch the girls while we went out to dinner with my parents. We went to Irina's, I've been wanting to go there and it was good! Great company, food and service! I had a passion fruit martini and raspberry martini, both were really good! We think this is the first time that Steve and I have had dinner (or anything else) with just my parents since Presley was born! So it was nice!

Tonight Steve took Presley to another preschool birthday party at Chuck E Cheese! This is party #6 since November and we have another one in a couple weeks. But like I said before, it's just good for her to be social outside of preschool. And I was lucky enough to have Piper poop in the tub tonight. UGH. We really should learn to NOT give her a bath until she has gone #2, but this does get me to clean the bath toys and bath tub so I will look at the positive side!

They are having Dr. Seuss week at school, we never know what Presley will feel comfortable doing. Being my kid, I don't blame her....I would've be too afraid I would show up and be the only one with crazy hair or backwards clothes, but she had done everything this week so I'm very proud of her, stepping out of her comfort zone!

You know why we are already bad parents to Piper. She is already experiencing 2nd child syndrome....for Valentines Day, we didn't take valentines to daycare (in our defense, she only goes there on Mondays and Vday was Friday....so we didn't really KNOW!). And now this week, each different room was supposed to wear a certain color on Monday for Dr Seuss week....we had NO idea what color she was supposed to wear. Oh well.

On a side note: Did I mention that a couple weeks ago Presleys room was learning about braille and about what being blind and deaf mean....on the sheet they sent home, TWICE they wrote 'here', instead of 'hear'! This week.....multiple times they wrote Dr Suess....instead of Dr Seuss! OMG! They are teaching my child, please spell write right! (Don't get me wrong, I know I'm not a great speller, however I am not a teacher either)

They laid off 5 people from my department last week, 15 total for our division in WF. Sucks. We know we aren't as busy as previous years but it still sucks. Then this week Steve's company had a meeting and said they might have to layoff a couple people (Steve would be safe, for now)! Just makes me nervous....however this is the time of year that both of our employers should be getting busier, so fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment