Sunday, June 30, 2013

Another busy week/weekend has passed.....

I seriously can't believe tomorrow is July 1st!  UGH! Where has the time and summer gone?
We spent Thursday and Friday nights getting ready for our brunch party on Saturday morning....grocery store, cleaning, prep cooking.
 
The party was great! So many friends and family came, it rained for about 5 minutes right away and then got nice! We got lucky! The food was good and drinks were flowing! We had a good turn out and so many kids, they all seemed to do a good job keeping occupied and getting along! We had kids in our house that I had never even met! LOL!
When you start a party at 11 am you never know how long people will stay, but I had talked my mom into taking Piper for the night! She offered to take Presley too but I knew she would be good and would want to hang around if there were kids still here.  Thank you everyone who came, I feel like I didn't get time to talk to everyone!
Presley some how became friends with Isabella, who is 7 yrs old and lives at the end of our street. Normally Bella plays with a couple of the other girls on the block but P has never really played with her until last night. P jumped in her Barbie Jeep with her and they were off having fun!
They played for a long time and we hung out and played bean bags with the remaining crowd. It was fun (and I'm sad to admit that it was nice NOT to have to worry about Piper for the night!) Presley and I came inside ate some snacks, cuddled on the couch and then eventually she went to bed with me while we watched a movie...we were both quickly asleep! Steve of course, pushed his limit and headed to the bar with one of the neighbors...finally getting home about 2 am.

The bonus about mom taking Piper for the night, we were able to sleep until 9 am! So nice! Steve was a hurting unit today! He is normally antsy to get out of the house, today all he wanted to do was sleep. I took P to pick up Piper from mom's, then once Piper went down for a nap (Steve was napping too) Presley and I hung outside. The weather was BEAUTIFUL! P then ditched me once she saw Bella coming down the street in her jeep again. They traveled up and down the block in that things over and over again! Presley would wave at me every time they drove by and I just keep seeing my future teenager driving away with her friend.

Overall it was a GREAT weekend! Presley impressed us and made us SO proud with all the socializing and playing and coming out of her shell, doing things we never expected her to do. It was great and we just hope it continues! Miss Piper is getting into everything, she is constantly up and down and under and over....I'm pretty sure she only fell and bonked her head or got stuck under something three different times today! She is going to be one tough cookie if she keeps this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment