Friday, June 14, 2013

A week in review

So the week started off busy, busy at work. Presley's last day at April's was Monday, they had fun at the zoo and got ice cream! April's oldest daughter Georgia was NOT happy about Presley leaving b/c they were buddies! I loved hearing that but it made me sad too. And Piper will be starting there on Mondays this coming week.  P's went to Grandmas Tuesday and Wednesday, her last daycare days there. The weather was nice so they were able to have some fun in the sprinkler outside, this always makes for a happy P! I know Grandma is sad to see P go (deep, deep down) but we all know this next step will be good for her!  A constant schedule, the same rules, never being the boss, and learning how to socialize...it will be good!
 
I had taken off Thursday and Friday from work to be able to take Presley to her new preschool for a couple hours to get used to things. So Thursday morning we woke up, got ready for preschool. I took her there, we got the quick tour again, we met her teachers Jessi, Bobbi Kae and the asst teacher Jessica! We got a lot good info and got to meet the class. I told P I was leaving and I would be back in a little bit. Bobbi Kae took her hand to lead her to snack time. She chewed on her fingers and went with her. I spied on her for a minute or so and left. Nervous. Proud. Confused. Shocked. Happy. Relieved.
I had two whole hours to myself. I went downtown and filed for our homestead tax credit and then went to get a long overdue pedicure! I was nice but the whole time I was anxious for time to pass by so I could go pick Presley up!
When I got there, she was right where I thought she would be. Right next to Bobbie Kae. They said she did good and they were happy she knew how to write her name...b/c at this point they have no idea what she does or doesn't know!
 
Then we went to lunch. It was the perfect weather so we hit up the patio at Okoboji Grill (mainly b/c I couldn't think of any other place that has a patio on our side of town). I've been telling Presley that I would take a day off work this year so that we could go swimming so we headed up the pool when it opened at 1 pm! It was busy for sure but it was fun!  Presley wanted to go down the waterslide, I was surprised but I couldn't let her down! My main concern was keeping her above the water when we got to the bottom. I kept slipping and was trying to hold her above the water, it wasn't pretty sight. Needless to say, we did not go down again....I think she would've but this mommy was done!
We stayed for a couple hours then got ice cream before we picked up Pipers from grandmas.
 
Steve's employer had their 5 years anniversary party that afternoon also! Congrats Edge Commercial! Steve got home from that about 5:15 and helped pack us up go to watch The Nadas at Camp Dodge, which was great especially since it was less than 2 miles from our house!
We packed some food and drinks in the wagon and stroller and again, the weather was perfect!
 
 
We stayed out a little later than we should've for having two kids that probably should've gone to bed but they were being so good!  Holly joined us along with Lyndsi and her friend Megan! This is the third time I've seen Lyndsi this week, that is more times this week than the last 6 months combined! LOL!
 
This morning I got up and took Presley to daycare again for a couple hours. Jessi told me she thought Presley was so sweet (yeah, yeah). I headed to JC Mall to pick up a father day present and to return something to Old Navy. I did a quick Target run, got gas and then picked up my Pster. They were in the middle of watching party of their Friday movie! She was pretty excited about it. She actually seems like she likes it! Let's hope that Monday goes as smoothly as the last 2 days have!
 
Wow. Was this long enough? Anyway, I'm off to bed, I hopefully getting up and working early in the morning so I can get out of there at a decent time!

No comments:

Post a Comment