Friday, June 21, 2013

Exhausted

Needless to say I am glad this week is over. We basically had the same morning drop-off experience with Presley every day. She didn't complain about going, didn't cry when she realized she was going to preschool again but the minute we walked into the room and I hinted at leaving.....arms wrapped around me, crying for me. Every day got a little worse, to the point that she started to follow me out of the room. I want to think this is going to get better and I know it will with time, but my guess is that we go thru this until at least August (and this is me being VERY positive, deep down I'm thinking 2014). I hope she proves me wrong.
Steve has picked her up and it seems like she was happy and they said she did good. The one problem we see is that during snack time in the 'cafeteria' it is too loud for her liking and if they don't have food she likes, that makes it worse so she gets sad. I don't think she is eating as much as she would've before but the girl will eat all day every day if we let her.
They have done some fun things and I think she is learning new things already! They had water day on Wednesday with ice cream as the afternoon snack and she was excited to have pancakes for lunch on Thursday! So we are definitely keeping a positive attitude about it (at least around her!)

I worked late Wednesday night, calling it quits after 12 hours, which is too long for this girl! Then Thursday we headed to Jasper Winery to listen to The Nadas play. It starts at 6 which is nice and early, so Steve picked up the girls and met me there after work. They always have a great crowd, we brought our own chairs, food, drinks, Mary and Presley played good together and we got home about 9. These babies of ours are RARELY in bed before 9 and it is a pain. I'm hoping Presley will get worn out at preschool soon, right now it seems she has a ton of energy to burn off when she gets home. Probably b/c she spends 9 hours a day watching other kids play. :(

And tonight I'm just tired and I need to go to sleep b/c tomorrow is another day of working in the morning, cleaning and getting ready for some friends coming over for dinner! The weather is supposed to be nice, sunny and steamy....might have to water the yard and let P run thru the sprinkler.

No comments:

Post a Comment