Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Fathers Day!

We were kind of at a loss on what to do for Fathers Day this year! There was an I-Cubs but dad doesn't really enjoy them all that much, we thought about a picnic but we did that for Mothers Day. So we decided to hit up the horse races. We had a very nice lunch at Jethros and then headed to the horse races for a while. It was hot and Presley had been WHINY! The girl slept until 9:45 and she cried over everything and nothing! We stayed for 3 races and then headed home, I won $1.80! Woohoo!
We didn't do much when we got home but clean and get ready for the week ahead. I had got tickets to the Hinder concert at Val Air, so Steve went with Brock....a fathers day gift for him b/c these girls were annoying! It took me 2 hours to get Piper to sleep and she was tired, probably over tired. Presley was actually good. Normally at 8 it's time for her to eat her fruit and calm down, but I was so focused on trying to get Piper to bed that she wanted to go outside....fine, great, go outside. She didn't come in until 9 but she went to bed pretty good, which was nice considering Piper was still bawling. FINALLY about 9:45 both of them were asleep! So I found a chance to eat dinner! HA!
 
Today was a big day for all of us. Presley started her new daycare/preschool and Piper started at Aprils. She'll be going there on Mondays from now on. We knew Piper would be fine, she didn't sleep much but they LOVED having her there!
Presley we didn't know about. Sure the last two days went good, for two hours each day. We got there early, hardly any kids and NOT her teachers. So we walked into the early morning room and sure enough, I had to leave her with a teacher she had never met, in a room she had never been in. I knew it was not going to be easy. Miss Heidi was great in taking her from me and comforting her when I left....as she cried and screamed for mommy. BROKE MY HEART!
 
I emailed the director about 9 to see how P was doing, about noon I heard back that she was pretty shy but warming up as the day went on. Right. I have never been so excited to go pick her up from preschool! Miss Jessica said she did good, didn't talk much, didn't take a nap (no shocker there) and P said that she had fun! So we'll see how tomorrow goes!
 
I'm getting to the point where I feel overwhelmed with everything. With work increasing our overtime and just the amount of things we have to do and prepare for on a weekly basis, along with keeping up the house and the things I WANT to do, I can't keep my head on straight. One thing, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment