Tuesday, July 2, 2013

She always seems to amaze me.

So we have been living in this house since October, Presley has become friends with the kids next door....as long as they come into our yard to play. She would sit in our driveway and watch them until they came over, she would play on our swing set and watch them on theirs until they came over. She refused to cross the line into 'their yard'. I think she is comfortable on her own territory. Even Charla, the neighbor noticed that P wouldn't play over there.
Finally, last Thursday something clicked.
She wanted to try their scooter, so she did! She rode one of their bikes. She went (with Steve) onto their swing set (SHOCKER!)....and now she travels over to their yard like she's been doing it for ever! She talks to the other kids! Tonight she went to go play with the kids and asked how many minutes she had to play. I told her a lot of minutes! She runs down there and we heard her say to them 'guys, I have a lot of minutes to play, ok?' So funny!
Even with Isabella on Sunday, they traveled down to her house. I didn't see them for a good 10 minutes, so I walked up there to see what they were doing. Of course, she was fine and good and just hanging out. I feel like I'm a mom, checking up on her teenager. I'm just not used to her traveling out of our sight!

Yesterday when I picked her up from preschool Miss Jessica said that P is really starting to come out of her shell. P told me that she wasn't going to cry this morning at drop off and she didn't! She gave me an extra big hug and kiss, I told her I loved her, she said she loved me and I was off. Miss Heidi gave her a hug when I left saying how proud she was of her! I'm not positive this is going to be a continual thing but I'll take whatever I can get from her!

Two things for sure that need to happen in this house....1) we need black out shades for the girls rooms, b/c their rooms face west, so when the sun sets it shines right into their rooms which makes it hard for them to fall asleep. 2) Bedtime for Piper HAS to start earlier, I think she can get overly tired and then it's just a pain and she doesn't sleep good so something has to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment