Sunday, July 21, 2013

Week in review

Ugh, after being on vacation it is hard to get back into a routine...especially for the kiddos. Presley of course cried when I dropped her off at daycare every day until Friday! So hopefully tomorrow she will be fine too....fingers crossed!
We have been trying to put Piper to bed earlier than normal. Her bedtime process always takes at least a half hour to an hour (dumb, I know) So we start about 7 in hopes she is asleep by 8. It has been working nicely this week!
Wednesday I worked late and Thursday I went out after work with some co-workers. It was fun to get to know some of the people that I don't normally talk to at work (mainly b/c we are all so busy that there are rarely opportunities to just socialize during work). I was still home by 8 and Steve had already fed them dinner, gave them baths and they were both in bed! Awesome!

Friday we got home and cleaned, ate dinner and got ready for my parents and my aunts from WI and TX were in town and came over to see the girls, the house and just talk.
Saturday morning I got up and went to work early and when I got home Steve left to go help Jerry and Holly. The girls and I literally hung out and did nothing. We did make a quick trip to the store, but other than that we played, cleaned and enjoyed the day.
We had lined up Andrea and her boyfriend Chris, to come watch the girls for the night. They didn't come over until 7:30 so we tried to get Piper in bed before then, which worked for the most part. Presley on the other hand, freaked out when we left. She hasn't had a babysitter (other than family) in over a year! Andrea had to hold her back from running out of the house with us. We had to run out of the house and quickly close the garage door. I felt so bad leaving these two teenagers with a SCREAMING 4 year old and a crying (almost sleeping) 9 month old, but I figure this is great birth control for them!
We went to Saints to meet my whole family, there were 15 of us and it was a really good time! Talking, drinking and just having fun! Once everyone left there, we met my friend Sarah at Cooney's for a beer and then of course we swung by The Boathouse on the way home too. We got home about 12:30, which is too late but it was a good night out!

Today we got up, ready and headed to my parents house for brunch with the family. It was super yummy and good to have more time to talk and let my aunts see the girls a little more. We came home, Steve and P went to the store, Piper took a nap and I went to bed for a nap too! I needed it! So it was a busy weekend but a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment