Thursday, September 22, 2011

Who are we to judge?

I saw a homeless man on my way home from work the other day, standing on the corner with a sign asking for money. I always want to give money to these people but I don't b/c I figure they are going to buy alcohol or smokes with it. Plus, I've seen on those Dateline shows about the homeless people who can earn quite a bit of money standing on the streets collecting money (with a poor, skinny dog next to them....that makes it even harder to say no to them!)
However, then I began thinking.....who cares how much money they make in a year? And what if they really don't make any money! If they are willing to stand on a corner and beg for money then they are full-time bums. If they spend all their hard earned money on food, smokes or beer....then that is their right. No one gets to tell me how I spend my money, why should we judge them on how they spend theirs?

No comments:

Post a Comment