Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sweet overload

We were lucky enough to inherit Andrea's (P's babysitter) Sweet Street collection! It's awesome! Little houses and stores, with little people and all the needed accessories! There are 4 boxes of this stuff, most of it we haven't dug out yet! It is perfect for a little girl, heck I wish I had this stuff when I was a kid!

Do not be surprised to walk into our basement and see me and Holly down there playing with this stuff. Just saying....it could (and probably will) happen.


Steve, being the ultimate handyman and father decided to build P a table for the basement, the perfect size for all this! He also hung up a cool little picture holder for her art work under the window!


We made sure to put out our American flag today in remembrance of the 9/11 attacks 10 years ago. Today I have avoided the anniversary specials on TV, after watching it Friday night I just can't watch it again. I remember working at Von Maur that morning, then family and friends started calling and rumors started spreading. We had no real access to TV or radio, so all we had was the phone calls. The mall closed early that day and I drove straight to my mom's house. The last thing I wanted was to be by myself. The coverage was haunting. We will NEVER forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment