Thursday, September 15, 2011

Potty time

P is by no means potty trained. On the weekends she might spend 4 hours a day in big girl underwear. Sometimes she does good, other times...not so much (like Saturday when she peed her pants twice). I always ask her 'what are you going to do if you have to go potty?' and she says 'tell mama'! She might sit on the toilet 5 times in an hour and never go, and 10 minutes later pees her pants. FRUSTRATING, which is why we haven't been pushing it with her.
However, last night when we got home from dinner she ran in to her closet (her pooping spot) but she had a pull-up on! So nope, we got her on the toilet and she went potty so good! Put her diaper on, she ran in the closet and pooped.....we can only ask so much from her!


Tonight we were at our nephew Austins football game and she says 'mommy, I go potty.' Here she was telling me she needed to go potty and there was little I could do. We even asked her if she just wanted to go in her diaper! 'No, I go potty'. Great, so the options are the porta-potty's near by....which was NOT going to happen, or trekking it up to the school to see if it was unlocked, hoping we could find a bathroom.....all before she peed in her diaper. So I took a diaper with us (not confident this was going to happen) and off we went. We finally found the bathroom (as I'm looking around for a diaper changing station, which I realized they don't have those in highschool bathrooms, duh.) Took her DRY diaper off, put on her toilet and she went! I was so proud that she was able to hold it for that long, especially since I didn't believe her! LOL! I guess we should really give her more credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment