Thursday, October 8, 2009

yada yada yada

So our friend Kenny is being deployed to Iraq soon, Steve just left to go have a couple beers with him. It's 9:15, he's going out and I'm going to bed? That doesn't add up right. Five years ago we'd get off work at Von Maur about 9 pm, go home, change and head to the bar. At 9:30 we were just starting our nights, now that's when we end them! ha! Boy, how times change!

Do you think if you had a different name that it would change who you are? I'm not saying you would be a totally different person, but I just think if my name were Mary, I would be a slightly 'different' person than who I am today. Maybe that's just me being weird. or maybe when we say 'she doesn't look like a Jessica' it actually could mean something. I couldn't be a Mary, it's too nice. I couldn't be a Candy, I'm not a stripper (no offense to those Mary's or Candy's out there).
So when you have to name a baby, it's a lot harder than what you think. My whole life I've loved all these weird names (I still like Harley and Kennedy) but when it comes to actually having to give a person a name, that will be with them forever!!!.....it is much harder than you realize! We worried about using the name Presley, but we've liked it for years! What if we never have another girl, and we don't get the chance to use the one name we both liked a lot? We had to do it.
As always, there is the association with Elvis but we were prepared for that. Then we realized that instead of PreSS-ley, some people say PreZ-ley...which no one probably even thinks about, but I do. Like my friend Colleen (Call-een, not Co-leen)! Just gives you something to think about, or maybe not....maybe that's just my crazy brain needing to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment