Tuesday, September 1, 2009

4 am....

So it's 4 in the morning and I'm sitting on the couch listening to Presley cry. (thank god for Without a Trace on TNT all morning!) She woke up an hour ago. I gave her the pacifier twice and tried to rock her to sleep once and nothing worked, so we'll try 'crying it out' again. We've done this 3 times and it hasn't worked, but Steve isn't as willing to let her cry. I don't blame him, it's not easy sitting her just listening to her cry. So far she's never cried more than 2 hours, so only a little over an hour to go! Too bad I need to get up in 2 hours for work, owell I guess 5 hours of sleep isn't bad.
I follow a couple other blogs, a friend of mine has an 8 month old and he's slept thru the night since he was about 2 months old, another blog I read just posted that her 18 month old just slept thru the night for the first time last week......I can't do this for another 12 months. I didn't think we'd be doing this for 7 months, but she is spoiled. Do you know how hard it is listening to your baby cry for hours?? How many times will we have to do this? I know it's not hurting her, but it is hurting me. :(

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel for you Jess! I can't even imagine..Preston has slept through the night since he was 3 months old so we have obviously been pretty spoiled. I admire you because I could not function without my full night's sleep or listen to my baby cry- I am a sucker for running to his crib when I hear him. Hang in there- it will get better! And let us know if you want us watch Presley so her and Preston can play and you can get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete