Sunday, August 30, 2009

Saturday......my patience is running thin...Sunday...so far so good!

So Presley and I went for a short garage sale trip with Aunt Holly. I think Holly was getting frustrated b/c we weren't finding things she wanted and I think she was nervous for officially getting the keys to her house! I don't blame her, it's a big deal and it is very exciting!! Presley took a 1/2 hour nap in the car, then refused to take another nap. I was tired and just wanted her to sleep, so Steve took her to Home Depot with him and of course she fell asleep in the car on the way there....so she got another short hour nap, but that was it for the day.
Saturday night we went over to our friend Lisa and Jared's house, they were having some people over for a couple beers and to enjoy the cool weather! Good thing we brought our sweatshirts, it was chilly for August!!
Presley decided to wake up about 4 times between 4-4:45 am, so I finally decided to let her cry it out. Even though we've done this twice before and it doesn't seem to make a difference. (for those of you who have let your baby 'cry it out', how many times do we need to do this before it makes a difference?? b/c I'm beginning to think it's not worth it) So she cried for 2 hours and eventually fell back asleep until a little after 9 am! That was good for us, so we could get a little more sleep.
She was so crabby that she ended up going down for a nap before 11 and slept until 1:30! Finally a good, long nap!!!! Then all my relatives came over to see our house and say good-bye since they are leaving in the morning.
Well Presley is napping again and Steve is cleaning the bathroom, so I'm thinking about laying down and taking a nap myself (but I know the minute I lay down, she'll wake up!)
My four day weekend is about over, I'm sad and tired but happy I was able to spend some extra time with my adorable. spoiled daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment