Friday, August 21, 2009

Iowa State Fair!

So the Iowa State Fair is here! Steve and I were lucky enough to be able to go the first Friday night, East Side Night! I went to the Gary Allen concert with my girlfriends and Steve met up and hung out with his own friends! Samantha was nice enough to watch Presley for us so we could enjoy the night away! I was a little disappointed in my food intake the first night, I had a corndog and a pickle dawg (basically a pickle roll-up but with a pickle spear!) and beer. It was 95 degrees and the beer flowed too quickly!
So Steve and I decided to take Presley for her first state fair experience and eat some more food. Now don't judge us or count our calories but this is what we ate...we shared a slice of pizza, then we got a cup of warm chocolate chip cookies (oh so good), then we ate the saratoga fries (or ribbon fries is what most people call them) topped with cheese, bacon and chives! After a short break I got mini-donuts (which I highly recommend), and Steve ate mac-n-cheese bites! Then we got some salt water taffy for the road. There was still so much I wanted to eat but just couldn't!
Here is Daddy and Presley with the State Fair ribbons.
Biting on her lower lip! I think this is so funny!.....and cute!
We went to watch the 80's cover band Hairball. Here is Daddy and Presley rockin out with their tongues hanging out....it was just coincidence that Presley had her tongue sticking out at the same time Steve did, so the picture turned out perfectly! :) We'll teach her the 'rock on' sign in the coming years! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment