Wednesday, March 18, 2009

#8- Work?

Can I really be grateful for work? At this point yes! Considering too many people are losing their jobs and going thru rough times in the economy, I really don't want to complain about my job. We just have to be thankful that we have them!

Steve's job has been rocky for almost a year. Since Regency went out of business last May, he was lucky to be one of the guys brought to the new company. You never know how a new company will compete in the market, especially with commercial projects. So far he is holding on to his paycheck. They recently laid off a couple people, cut some hours and are no longer matching his 401k...but we can't complain right now b/c we are still receiving a paycheck!

I'm basically going back to a brand new job. My department started doing FHA loans when I left, I haven't been trained on anything. So when I go back I'll be one of the 'new' people! New rules, new process, new system, new people, basically a whole new job! Which is one of the reasons I'm just going back part time for the first week...ease back into the craziness, with mandatory overtime!
So until the economy turns around we are just going to hang on. Good luck to everyone! Just be thankful you have your job, things could always be worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment