Saturday, March 7, 2009

#3 - Ma and Pa

I think I have the best parents in the world. They do everything for us girls. I hope that I can be a great mother to my kids, as my mom has been to us. Of course, she can be annoying.....I'm sure most mothers are. My dad is always more than willing to help change the oil in our cars, come over when we need help lifting something or lets us borrow his truck. When I went away to college is when I first began to appreicate my parents, I think most kids are probably like that.And now that we have Presley, Steve and I realize how lucky we are to have my parents near us. They love to watch her and are more than willing to take her for a couple hours while we sleep! She is already spoiled rotten by grandma...the way it probably should be! They do anything and everything for us and I know they will for Presley too.

Both of my sisters have moved back home during different times and my parents have welcomed them, with a little sarcasm of course, but that is expected of my family. They loan us money when needed, whether it be emergencies, a car, a laptop, education, getting married. They don't have a lot of money, but they are willing to work and make sacrifices for their kids and I hope that one day I'm able to do that for my kids. My parents have been married 30+ years. They are what a marriage should be and I congratulate them. With divorce rates the way they are it is hard to find couples married that long and I'm so thankful to have them as role models of how a marriage should and could be. Don't get me wrong, it's not all romance and happiness but they make it work! People give up too easily! My dad is a truck driver so he works weird hours, my mom has slept on the couch for years, but my dad will still bring my mom flowers on the anniversary of their first date! It can be hard, and I think people think marriage fixes all your problems. It doesn't! It's good to disagree and discuss, but remember to have fun along the way. Tease each other, flirt with one another and always make each other laugh!

Anyway, I hope everyone has an example of a good marriage in their lives! and are lucky enough to have parents as great as mine. You rock, ma and pa!


No comments:

Post a Comment