Saturday, March 7, 2009

#5- Meet new friends, but keep the old.....

My good 'old' friends. I have 2 very close friends that have been around for more than 10 years. That really doesn't seem possible. It is hard to keep friends for that long, you just lose contact or go your separate ways. Colleen, we were friends in highschool, but not that close. Into college we became closer and now...we were in each others weddings! I love that girl. She is such a strong woman, it's amazing. She had a daughter a little over 2 years ago and her husband was diagnosed with cancer a couple months later. Thru all of his chemo and radiation and her fairly demanding job and raising a new baby she was unbreakable! I'm sure some of this was because she doesn't like to show a lot of emotion, but goodness I would've been stressed and having myself a pity party! I wish I had her drive, energy and creativity! :)

Cindy, my roommate freshman year in college. We were alike is so many ways...both our mothers did in-home daycare, we both had dark green bedspreads, we even had some of the same clothes and shoes! We have still remained friends, she moved to TX for 6 mths and then we lived together again for another year. Cindy just got married 6 months ago, I'm so happy for her and wish them the best of luck. Cindy is another very strong woman. Its seems like Cindy is always dealing with a full plate, whether it be family problems or training to run a marathon! She is smart, nice to everyone, very expressive and goes out of her way to make everyone happy.

I'm so lucky to have these two strong, wonderful, fun girls in my life and hope that we can continue our friendships and memories for many more years to come! I love you guys like sisters!

Me and Cindy
Me and Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment