Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Saturday

Do you ever have those days where things just aren't right? Where you feel like you need to stay in bed and cry for a while to get thru the annoyances/irritations/children? This was Saturday. Steve had a golf tournament so it was me and the girls, we've had a lot of time together this summer with the shed building and they have been pretty good so I had no expectations.

Piper was up at 7....too early. Presley got up at 8 and within 30 seconds they were fighting. I warned them, they would both spend time in their rooms if they were already going to fight! At 8:30 we were getting breakfast, Presley was whining b/c she didn't like waffles and cereal and toast 'were stupid!'...well fine don't eat. She decided on 'stupid' cereal and then proceeded to pound her fork onto the table knowing it was going to bother me. I got Piper cereal, told Presley to stop....she continued. Piper spilled the cereal all over the floor...the fork pounding on the table and I freaked out. Screamed at them and as I was crying I told Presley I was going to my room to calm down....at 8:30, I had to give myself a time out. I hate when I can't control myself in these situations....but it happens.

I stayed in there for about 10 minutes and in the meantime, they had cleaned up the cereal and P had poured milk into Piper's bowl for her and all was good in the house.

So silly me had decided that we would try to run to the mall to find jeans for me and then to Nobbies to look at birthday stuff for Piper. We went to Von Maur, we were there 10-15 minutes. I literally just picked 6 pairs of jeans in my size, not looking at the price b/c they were running around the racks, laughing, screaming...don't get me wrong, they were happy, not fighting....just loud, in a quiet store. Then I had to chase Piper down, then we are in the dressing room and they are singing and talking about my underwear...I just had to laugh and hope no one was listening! HA!
I bought two pairs of jeans even though I didn't think either would work, tried them on for Steve that night and he agreed that he didn't like either of them. And they were expensive jeans, so I'll stick to my $45-$75 jeans instead.

Then we went to Nobbies. They did fairly good here, the main problem is getting Piper to NOT run off. We found our birthday stuff and their halloween costumes (Presley has known she wants to be a cat for this Halloween since last November, so $3.99 for ears and a tail, DONE!). As we were checking out, Piper was singing Happy Birthday to herself as loud as she could......yes, it was cute. There is just NO indoor voice for that girl!

We got home, did lunch....which they didn't want anything we had to eat...fine! Don't eat then. I put Piper down for a nap about 12:15......and for 2 hours I tried to get her to sleep. She wasn't having it, normally she knows she is tired and will go down for naps no problem. Then of course, Presley was bored and hungry and every time I told her to be quiet b/c her sister was trying to sleep....she would be just a little louder! (breathe, Jessica...in and out....calm down)

Once we figured out Piper was not going to nap, I decided to take them outside in hopes to keep them entertained and wear them out....And all they did was fight over the jeep. Who was going to drive, whose turn it was, whose turn was longer, which direction we were going walk....neverending.
I warned Steve the minute he got home I was leaving and I did just that. He got home about 4, I put my sunglasses on and went for a mile walk, then I went to Target and then I enjoyed some cheese dip and margaritas by myself. I got home about 7:30 and helped put Piper to bed and then at 9:30 went to the neighbors house to drink some wine and unwind. It was nice and it was exactly what I needed. Steve didn't say anything. He was very understanding and supportive in my freak out and calm down periods, which is definitely what I need from him during those times!

No comments:

Post a Comment