Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Random

- Last Tuesday my car was rear-ending on the way home from work. It was 16 degrees out and here I am walking/standing on Martin Luther King going back and forth between my car and hers. Her car just stalled and she wasn't able to stop. She couldn't even get her car started. My car isn't that bad, but my back bumper will have to be replaced. It's just a pain to find time to go get an estimate and get it fixed. Not excited about it.
- I heard about two suicides at Urbandale Middle School in the last week. So sad! Then I heard it was 12 and 14 year old girls & it brought tears to my eyes! I just can't imagine what was SO bad, that this was their way out. Knowing that Presley overdramatizes EVERYTHING, just makes me hope that we can teach her differently. I just can't imagine.
- A girl from Ankeny is part of the top 24 on American Idol! Yes, it is the time of year and I'm still dedicated to watching it!
- The other show I love....Catfish on MTV. Watch it, love it!
- Steve found out that AC/DC is doing 7 concerts in the US, Chicago being one of them. He's been talking about seeing them again so we decided to make an anniversary trip to see them at Wrigley Field in September! We'll just be there for 3 nights and 2 full days and flying! It's an hour and 20 minutes flight vs a 6 hour drive, we decided the little extra cost was worth the extra time we could get in the windy city!
- Originally we had wanted to do a trip this spring but then we booked Chicago. We decided we couldn't wait until September to go somewhere, we had been thinking and wanting to go to Nashville, but it was so expensive! I just couldn't pull the trigger on that. So I just booked a trip to Vegas for April! We are SO ready! So our tax return money is now gone! HA!
- Presley has never really been the kid who asks 'why' over and over again as many kids do...she is just beginning to really ask questions about things to fully understand. I think this is coming from being in school, the teacher oftens says that especially when reading 'you should always ask questions'. And she is smart, so it's hard to answer her! I might just learn something from this 6 year old! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment