Sunday, February 8, 2015

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

Yesterday we had Presley's birthday party at Playground for Kids......13 girls and one boy, we had no idea how this would turn out. Would everyone get along (cousins, friends, neighbors, school friends)? Would P be nice? Would she cry if we sang happy birthday to her? I mean, really, should we have these worries for a 6 year old party?
While waiting the girls were goofy and cute!
Then the party started, the first 1/2 hour went pretty smooth!
The one boy....Boston, he didn't mind.
P and one of her bff's Dani
We got a group picture, which I did not think would happen b/c for about an hour of this party, the girls she went to school with fought with each other! OMG! It was SO catty and so GIRL! One girl was mad and she (might have) kicked or hit someone, so they were chasing her to talk to her but she didn't want to talk (blah, blah, blah), then another girl got hurt, then two were holding hands and the others were mad at both of them. Presley was crying, two girls didn't want to be in the picture, I mean it was f'ing ridiculous!
Finally once we did cake/cookies/presents they started to get along again. Thank goodness!!!
A couple of them actually helped lighten up the mood!
Overall I think they had fun and Presley had a good birthday! After the party, cousin Ava came home with us for an hour and they played some more, then she packed her overnight bag to have a sleepover at Grandma's house with Boston (busy day/night for P)! We dropped her off and then took Piper to El Mariachi for a quick dinner, man, things are easier when you only have one kid. She ate, she sat, we were actually able to talk to each other!
 
Today we've been hanging out, doing laundry, playing with P's new toys. Steve took P to Target and then to a birthday party at Pump It Up for a boy in her class and Piper is napping and I'm sitting here thinking that I need to pick up the house (but knowing the kids NEED to help me, so I'm not doing it!). So instead, I'm blogging and starting to read a new book!
The weekend is coming to an end and hopefully we can have a nice, normal, not-so-busy week ahead of us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment