Thursday, February 5, 2015

Random

- Presley got moved up in her reading group at school! She was in the D/E/F group (they want them to be reading F by the time they leave kindergarten) and her and two other girls got moved up to G! It just seems to come so easily to her and I know she listens to all the little helpful hints the teacher gives in helping to sound out words she might not know. We definitely need to get her some harder reading material!

- I've got back on the reading train! Trying to get away from my computer games and reading has taken it's place! Two books I've read in the last 3 weeks, Maybe Someday which was an easy reading, young reader romance...it was really good and took two turns I did not expect (hint, there is a CF connection!)
The other book I read was Still Alice, which I finished at 4:00 this morning b/c I couldn't sleep! I started it Saturday morning and couldn't put it down. It is about a mother with Alzheimers, this book totally hit home for me (b/c of my grandparents) and makes me worry about my own mother and self with this disease. It was very eye-opening, sad but so good! Read it!

- Piper is so bossy! We thought we had a bossy daughter with Presley, but man, this 2 yr old will say 'Mommy! Go that way!'.....'Presley Grace, be quiet!'.....'Daddy! Come here!'....I don't know why she thinks she is in charge! ;)

- Piper is learning so much at Generation....except how to be potty trained. We aren't pushing it at all and haven't even thought about trying. I feel bad b/c Generation does try, every day, and she has never gone once in the potty! Oh well, diapers are easier.....I don't need two kids wanting to see the bathroom at every public place we go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment